8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
E-bay cold air intake (INSTALLED!!)

Hi... i talked about this with a 8thcivic.com member and he still have problems with his no brand e-bay cold air intake... does anybody else has this intake??
is the air sensor the main problem?
what you recomend to fix the problem?

thank you

(i know the solution is not to buy no brand intakes... but what can i do if i allready have it?)

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Hi... i talked about this with a 8thcivic.com member and he still have problems with his no brand e-bay cold air intake... does anybody else has this intake??
is the air sensor the main problem?
what you recomend to fix the problem?

thank you

(i know the solution is not to buy no brand intakes... but what can i do if i allready have it?)

Cut the part where the maf sensor is, then put your stock maf housing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
unfortunately u get what u pay for ya kno its not worth the hedache sell it and go injen or aem u'll b much happier in the end gl.. but if u reli want to keep it wats the exact prob is it throwin a cel? is running weird?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ebay CAI intake owner here. I have had it since Dec 08. No CEL, no rubbing, sounds awesome, and it was 80 shipped. For all of you that say you get what you pay for. I got exactly what I paid for, a pipe, a filter, and 3 months of V-tec fun!!!:vtec:

·
Registered
253 Posts
due to the nature of are over sensitive maf sensor the pipe diameter bends and maf fins are a vital part to the drivabilty of a new civic older hondas it was a map sensor witch is not as sensitive to airflow as a hotwire type maf like we have now you could on a older civic buy a 11.99$ ebay intake and stick a 50$ aem filter and have as good or better intake but thats not the case now u gotta pay to play unless u remain with the stock maf section

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
finally installed !

So i installed the much-mentioned no brand ebay cold air intake ...
everything went perfectly!

NO CEL, nice performance and sound...

i installed Thursday and Friday I went 100km south to the beach and I had no problem.
here are some pictures...

NO CEL:dance:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hope I have understood correctly...
I think everything will be fine because the a/f is in a place where this is not no better or worse air, it wont get wet and the intake is is shorter than the original and is covered by the front fender...

I recommend this type of Intakes...

·
Registered
253 Posts
It's not wether their is better or worse air it's just the veins in the stock intake straighten the air out in the intake and direct a certain amount of air at a specific part of the sensor there's 2 parts re iat part of the sensor and the maf part so the car can use that to calculate how much air is actually going in the engine so if there is more or less air going to the sensor the car may run lean/rich depending on the condition

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.