1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
sae corrected?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
it seems a little high. an si usually dynos at like 184 stock to the wheels which means in your first run you pulled 10 hp to the wheels from your intake. I guess it's possible. Maybe everything just clicked perfect for you. nice numbers though.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
now im scared since its not sae corrected but im noob i dont even know whats sae. But that really do means my numbers suppose to be lower right? damn i got happy for no reason thinking i got these high numbers wit just CAI/TBS....i was sooo shocked

·
Registered
26 Posts
SAE corrected means that you're numbers are corrected to a standard number. Factors for this include temperature, altitude, atmospheric pressure and humidity. The baseline for this is from numbers comes from standard conditions in Detroit. Hope that answered your question

·
Registered
251 Posts
SAE is a dyno correction method used to provide a "standardized" comparison of horsepower and torque by factoring in temperature, humidity and altitude.

What that means is that a SAE dyno reading on a cold day at sea level can be compared to a SAE dyno reading on a hot day at higher altitude because you're taking into account temperature, humidity and altitude (and in a sense, keeping those variables constant to produce a more accurate measurement of how much power you're actually making).

·
Registered
251 Posts
uhh im guessin its like in the future i get more mods but its different temp and higher altitude it can still be a lower number
Correct.

Also, Slow4drsi made a great point. A baseline dyno is great if you are worried about how much power you were making over stock (or per mods) and not too concerned on how big your horsepower e-penis was. Dynos can be adjusted and tweaked to whatever readings people like.

SIDENOTE: I think the biggest benefit of dynoing is for tuning purposes but eh... carry on.

·
Registered
654 Posts
If one far back taken picture won't allow us to see the words in detail, you can always divide each portion of the whole dyno sheet into like 4 close-ups if you know what I mean. That way we can better help you find out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.