8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on 8thcivic requested a Civic dyno day @ a local shop in Maryland (SRT - Swift Technology Racing)? Just wondering.. I dropped my car off today and someone called from a local club in MD and was interested in setting a dyno day.

·
Registered
7,339 Posts
Has anyone on 8thcivic requested a Civic dyno day @ a local shop in Maryland (SRT - Swift Technology Racing)? Just wondering.. I dropped my car off today and someone called from a local club in MD and was interested in setting a dyno day.
How much, and what type of dyno?

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He mentioned $50 for 3 pulls and a max of 15 cars. He has a DynoJet 2 wheel dyno. I will try and get more particulars if peeps are interested. Figured that it could be a mini-meet and dyno day for Civic.. Just wonder if that "someone" belong'd to 8thcivic.com.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
He mentioned $50 for 3 pulls and a max of 15 cars. He has a DynoJet 2 wheel dyno. I will try and get more particulars if peeps are interested. Figured that it could be a mini-meet and dyno day for Civic.. Just wonder if that "someone" belong'd to 8thcivic.com.

that seems awfully cheap
i may be in

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some shop will offer Dyno days to draw buiness to there shop. Just happens that SRT is my main shop and currently working on my civic.

There mainly a Toyota shop but the owner is easy going and the there mechanics are top notch. The only reason I brought the dyno thread up.. he mentioned that someone contacted him over the weekend, young lady, and wanted to setup a Honda Dyno day for there club.. He was wondering If I had mention SRT to any clubs and have mentioned them a few time on the forums.

I was curious if that "someone" belong'd to 8thcivic. But if people are interested, I can set something up for 8thcivic members.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let's just say "Extreme makeover". I will create a site in the coming weeks to chronical the events.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gotta love "Boost"! I would have been very content with my Greddy kit.. but have too many friends that have EVO's and Gen 1's. My goal is too be those BASTARDS.. well.. at least a couple of runs.. hehe

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
are dyno jets pretty accurate. they just opened one in arkansas and its the only one around. i know people talk about some dyno's reading really high?

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dyno Jets are on the conservative side of dynos. I have have pulls on 3 seperate dynos are they are consistant when It comes to the numbers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts