8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Now that mine is showing signs of wear going to be ordering soon. Anybody know what's the place place to get one jdm not a cheap knockoff for a good price?

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
I vote no.. I took mine off and it's a lot harder than it seems. Plus you risk damaging the steering wheel in the process. I also don't think it sits any more flush. No reason to remove stock h imo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
53 Posts
surprisingly enough this actually helped me a lot, couldn't for the life of me get the stock emblem off until i checked this, thanks mate!

·
Registered
5 Posts
easy and cheap DIY. Just pull out your horn fuse located in your fuse box under the hood so you can work on the steering wheel, clean the surface of your old emblem then place your new GFXpression emblem over it. NO NEED TO REMOVE THE OLD EMBLEM!
the emblem you order is actually meant to fit over the old one. Removing the old one only puts you at risk for damaging your steering wheel and there such a small difference in how flush it'll look that it's not worth the trouble.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So yall are saying it's supposed to look a bit raised up and not sit in flush with those grooves from the old emblem? Am I supposed to put a lot of pressure on it so that the new emblem makes an indent on the steering wheel cover?

·
Registered
40 Posts
soo I pulled the horn fuse and just stuck the j's racing emblem oven the one that was there. turned out fine

KAY-TWENNYZEETHREE! I CHOOSE YOU!!!
One of the first few purchases I've made ever since I bought my 07 FA5. Anyways, as expected, the J's Racing emblem is holding up pretty well after a year and several months now. I placed my over the existing Honda emblem. I like the way it stands and and pops out of the steering wheel instead of being flushed.

81 - 100 of 120 Posts