8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DYI GrafiXpression JDM Steering Wheel EMblem​

First, I order my JDM emblem from GrafiXpressions, I bought mine in with the JDM package..​

Here's everything I used to do the whole take it off and put it on precedure. Along with the OEM emblem that I broke off.​

1ST. I went into my fuse box and took the fuse out for the Horn, so when I put pressure on the steering wheel it wouldn't go off. If you look on under the cover of the Fuse box, it'll tell you which fuse is for the horn.​

2nd. I taped around the OEM emblem so when I pry the OEM one out I wouldn't scratch the plastic of the steering wheel. (This is just a preference, I'm very OCD about keeping my car interior free from scratches so I went ahead and this little extra step.)​

3rd. I took a very precise flathead screwdriver and pry the corner of the emblem, I bent the screwdriver a little but it worked. Then, I use a my box cutter the hold the emblem out so I can grab it with my pliers. Next I started to pull the emblem off.​

BAM!!! It's off.​

Now I used some interior cleaner to clean off the area so I can put the JDM emblem on.

This is the back of the JDM emblem, all you have to do is take off the red film so you can apply the emblem on.

Apply the JDM emblem and you're good to go, but you have to put pressure on it just so it can bond and stay in place. What I did was I taped it on there with some more tape and just let it sit for a good 20 min.​

BEFORE AND AFTER​

CLOSE UP​

Very easy and nice Mod.. ENJOY!!!

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
Yea I just stuck it over my stock emblem. It looks great

·
Registered
56 Posts
Man thank you I was going to take off the steering wheel cover just so I can remove the old honda badge, but now I don't have to (OCD like you). This method NEVER crossed my mind good thinking!

·
Banned
1,131 Posts
soo I pulled the horn fuse and just stuck the j's racing emblem oven the one that was there. turned out fine

KAY-TWENNYZEETHREE! I CHOOSE YOU!!!

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
About this Discussion
119 Replies
101 Participants
THRAX
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing