8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
thicklove said:
I didn't think they did either, but how can anyone live without A/C?
there are people who drive cars without a/c i know a couple. Its all about money and how much you can afford for the car. Also some people in the north like alaska or something where its cold all the time you really dont need an a/c.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Firestrife said:
there are people who drive cars without a/c i know a couple. Its all about money and how much you can afford for the car. Also some people in the north like alaska or something where its cold all the time you really dont need an a/c.
I see. In California, A/C is on everytime the engine is running.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
thicklove said:
Does the DX Coupe have A/C as a standard option?
I guess it all depends where you are located. In Canada there is a Civic DX-G that does have A/C standard.

·
Registered
15 Posts
firmhonda said:
Unless, you live in Texas. Here the dx's do come with a/c standard because it is illegal to sell a new car without an air conditioner in this state. It simply gets too hot in the summer. If I'm not mistaken Arizona passed that law too.
Really? I've lived in Texas for 20 years and I have never heard of that law. I cannot find any reference to it (or any such law in Arizona) via Google. Can you point us to a source for more information?

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Orienteer said:
Really? I've lived in Texas for 20 years and I have never heard of that law. I cannot find any reference to it (or any such law in Arizona) via Google. Can you point us to a source for more information?
I actually can't find anything on it either.. I just remember a friend of the family (that owns a car dealership) talking about it a while back and a short time later it was on the news. Since then, every single car that I've seen at any dealership that was new has all had a/c so I guess I never questioned it. I myself have a 7th gen dx that came with a/c standard, while up north 7th gen dx's do not have a/c standard. I'll keep looking to see if I can find anything, and if I do I'll pm it to you.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
I seriously can't find it and that's making me pretty angry. Every single time I search for it I can only find a bunch of stuff referencing the type of freon(sp) used in air conditioners.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
are the prices on the dx in texas the same as in other states? or they charge you for the a/c?

if not buying a dx in texas for 14k is cheap with a/c:biggrin:

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
I got them down to $14,200 on my 05 dx/vp before financing, and it was new.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts