8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Avic z1 installed a while back by a highly referred installer. I've been having problems with the dvd playback while moving. With all the 'its dangerous to playback dvd while driving' commends aside, has anyone else had any problems? He said it's supposed to work with how he wired it. So far I can only get it to work by cycling the lights 5 times on and off, each time you have to wait until the lights on the unit has dimmed completely and undimmed when switch is off. It's a real PITA. I don't see why I should have to do this.
Anyone have it and it works all the time?

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
an installer told me something about having to open it up and solder 2 wires together for it to playback permanently without having to flash the lights

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
maiku said:
I got my Avic z1 installed a while back by a highly referred installer. I've been having problems with the dvd playback while moving. With all the 'its dangerous to playback dvd while driving' commends aside, has anyone else had any problems? He said it's supposed to work with how he wired it. So far I can only get it to work by cycling the lights 5 times on and off, each time you have to wait until the lights on the unit has dimmed completely and undimmed when switch is off. It's a real PITA. I don't see why I should have to do this.
Anyone have it and it works all the time?
avic411.com

AFAIK, the way you have it done is the only way that will work for your particular model. The D# series are a little different.

You can't buy a simple bypass for Pioneers like you can alpine and other brands. Unless someone's come up with some new method that I'm not aware of.

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, thanks.

I found out that it depends when the z1 was made. Mine was June 06, so I have to either get this circuit for $35 or do a bluetooth update and make sure a certain 2 wires are grounded properly. I know that's how he had set it up so I should be okay to just do the update, reset, and it should work fine. good site. thanks man.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts