8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be dumb to get a greddy turbo kit? Im tired of waiting and i have the money to get one now. Would it be stupid not to wait for another kit?? i think that its a good value and in the future i should be able to add on to it if i decide to go for more power right? just trying to get your opinions. thanks

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
would it be dumb to get a greddy turbo kit? Im tired of waiting and i have the money to get one now. Would it be stupid not to wait for another kit?? i think that its a good value and in the future i should be able to add on to it if i decide to go for more power right? just trying to get your opinions. thanks
I wouldnt be stupid, but if your looking to upgrade its not likely you will be able to with the Greddy kit with some customization.
whenever a great tuning option comes out we will be on the fast track for upgradability and number of kits.
If I were you i'd put it in a savings account and keep hands off till something comes out that you can safely drop the dough on.

·
Registered
201 Posts
To get any real performance out of the Greddy everything has to be upgraded starting with throwing that damn E-Manage garbage away. You also need a new turbo manifold and turbo so why even bother when you can start out right from the get go.

·
I Beez In The Trap
24,576 Posts
I wouldnt be stupid, but if your looking to upgrade its not likely you will be able to with the Greddy kit with some customization.
whenever a great tuning option comes out we will be on the fast track for upgradability and number of kits.
If I were you i'd put it in a savings account and keep hands off till something comes out that you can safely drop the dough on.
:yeahthat:

·
Banned
3,234 Posts
No, not a good Idea. Turbos are nice, yeah but drastically shorten the life of your car when you run it hard and plus it nullifies your warranty. The greddy is nice, cus one of my buddies has one on his si and it hauls ass. But in the end he dropped a hell of a lot of money into that kit and for what?? the si is a great car and with bolt ons alone you can make excellent numbers. So I would say wait for a kit that would be more reliable and give you more power if you do. greddy=waste

-"It's Not The Car, It's The Driver"

·
Registered
274 Posts
this kid is obviously out of his mind because greddy is probably one of the most reliable companies ever im getting the greddy kit and i had my doubts simply between kits but never turboing, keep in mind i want my car for like a span of 4 years max so thats why all that stuff about engine life doesnt bother me, if u got deep pockets and u want something reliable go Greddy i did?

·
Registered
698 Posts
$$$$$

this kid is obviously out of his mind because greddy is probably one of the most reliable companies ever im getting the greddy kit and i had my doubts simply between kits but never turboing, keep in mind i want my car for like a span of 4 years max so thats why all that stuff about engine life doesnt bother me, if u got deep pockets and u want something reliable go Greddy i did?
Mr. Money Bag$:yeahthat:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
if u got the money for the greddy, maybe u should consider the Comptech SC, its proven to be a great way to boost the Si and comptech has amazing products.

·
Registered
948 Posts
yes, the comptech supercharger is a great idea... although ive always heard good things about greddy i would personally go greddy just because ive always liked their products

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
You should do more research... PERIOD. If you seriusly got the money, then whats the rush... read on the pros and cons of each FI application throughly.

·
Registered
274 Posts
uhm there is no rush im not putting 7k into a piece of **** ajp turbo that i need to fabricate and custom build i can get greddy wait for k-pro and change my compression and be pulling away from those ajp guys so u should go do ur research

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
Greddy kit can be pretty fast when tuned. That being said, I don't know why there is always that one guy who jumps in and says "but it shortens the life of the motor!!!". Uh yeah, from like 300,000 miles before rebuild to around 120,000 if you boost all the time. Who keeps a car that long? Not me, and if I was, I wouldn't be modifying it anyway.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
uhm there is no rush im not putting 7k into a piece of **** ajp turbo that i need to fabricate and custom build i can get greddy wait for k-pro and change my compression and be pulling away from those ajp guys so u should go do ur research
Nice! :thumb:

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
Greddy kit can be pretty fast when tuned. That being said, I don't know why there is always that one guy who jumps in and says "but it shortens the life of the motor!!!". Uh yeah, from like 300,000 miles before rebuild to around 120,000 if you boost all the time. Who keeps a car that long? Not me, and if I was, I wouldn't be modifying it anyway.
Indeed, Id go with a Greddy kit too.

Cheaper, Faster, and tunable.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts