8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
This is dumb I know...but WTH is the PCV hose??
Ive searched and cant find anything. My brother took everything apart and now its time to put it back together but I dk where to look.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
"positive crankshaft ventilation" valve hose ... what kinda of car is it?? si, lx, dx ??? if it's an si then the pcv valve is right past the left side of the intake manifold, lower down on the block ... its tought to descirbe .. lemme c if i can find a pic

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Like thunderdome said, it's the positive crankcase ventilation valve. So any pressure buildup in the crankcase is relieved through the valve. Because of emissions laws, you can just vent the air to the atmosphere since it's contaminated with oil vapor. So the hose runs back to the intake manifold where the oil vapor is run through the motor to burn off. This is where people put a catch can so the oil doesn't make it to the manifold and eventually cause buildup.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
unfortunatly my work internet sucks and wont let me upload pics onto photobucket but i'll try and get one up when i get home later ... but its very simple ... on the left side of the intake manifold there is a vaccum port, right below that on the block is the pcv valve port ... the pcv hose is very short running from the pcv port to the vaccum port on the intake manifold

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I am running a JRSC...meaning on the top it has a nipple meant for the pcv hose...soo what do you all recommend doing...just let it be or..finding it and plugging it.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Why don't you run a hose from the PCV to the nipple on the blower manifold?

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well thats what im tryna do but I cant find the damn thing haha. Like I said, when we started my brother took all the hoses and stuff off but hes not here..

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
lol plus its a pic ... they usually take a few ... i'm gunna pm u my # right now cuz i'm leaving work in a few ... if you dont get it in a lil while text me n i'll resend it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts