8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, My Name is Eduardo Rodrigues, I'm from Rio de Janeiro Brazil.

My first car was a 94' EJ1 Civic, Bswap, dropped on Skunk2 shocks and Tein S-tech springs. It had some ebay brand SS exhaust manifold, full 2,5" exhaust, fidanza 7,5 lb flywheel, MSD distributor, adjustable camshaft pulleys and Buddyclub P1's 15"x7". Dynoed 185 bhp at the time.

Then I sold it and bought my dad's 2000 LX MT D16y7 that was in the family since 01' . It stayed pretty much stock, only the D16y8 exhaust manifold (deleting the cat), S2000 steering wheel and the P1's from the EJ1 that then were sold and I got a set of EK4 rims.

Was already giving up on searching for an Si because here in Brazil only about 3500 Si's were sold between 07' and 11' and it was becoming very VERY hard to find one worth buying. Last november I sold the LX and got my dreamed Si.

It's a MY07/08
30k miles
Single Owner
Suede seats (over here is quite common to find Si's with leather wrapped seats)

The plans for it are:

- Braided brake lines
- EJ6 CMC
- Cat Delete
- CAI
- FlashPro
- ID1000 injectors
- Walbro 255
- Civic Flexfuel fuel sender
- E100

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
Not to be that guy but..... seats don't say si it has monster truck fender gap and non si exhaust tip and hybrid mirrors. You sure thats a si?

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Not to be that guy but..... seats don't say si it has monster truck fender gap and non si exhaust tip and hybrid mirrors. You sure thats a si?
the seats do say si, the fender gap looks about right for a stock si, the exhaust could be aftermarket or tip taken off, and hybrid mirrors are a pretty popular mod for si's.

·
Registered
721 Posts
the seats do say si, the fender gap looks about right for a stock si, the exhaust could be aftermarket or tip taken off, and hybrid mirrors are a pretty popular mod for si's.
Missed the seats.. Yea I know about the mirrors just don't get it I guess.

Height is not normal. Just remembered they made them taller down there

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
- The Seats do say Si (tough to see but they're there on the first pic).
- The VIN Number starts with 93HFA5
- The Brazilian Si have indicators on the mirrors from stock
- Our suspension is slightly raised compared to the USDM Si (about 1")

Pic from a Brazilian Si on Honda's press release in 09'

Pic from the Honda's Website in 09' of a stock Si

You can clearly notice the difference in height.

- Might be the picture but the tip is the same of all the other Si's I've seen.

We also have stock fog lights, all Si's have VSA, 6cd changer and Automatic A/C from stock.

I am very curious about the differences of equipment between ours and the USDM Si's.

Will take better pictures whenever I have the chance. I don't put a lot of mileage on it even it being my only car and daily commuter, it has now about 32k miles.

·
Registered
721 Posts
- The Seats do say Si (tough to see but they're there on the first pic).
- The VIN Number starts with 93HFA5
- The Brazilian Si have indicators on the mirrors from stock
- Our suspension is slightly raised compared to the USDM Si (about 1")

Pic from a Brazilian Si on Honda's press release in 09'

Pic from the Honda's Website in 09' of a stock Si

You can clearly notice the difference in height.

- Might be the picture but the tip is the same of all the other Si's I've seen.

We also have stock fog lights, all Si's have VSA, 6cd changer and Automatic A/C from stock.

I am very curious about the differences of equipment between ours and the USDM Si's.

Will take better pictures whenever I have the chance. I don't put a lot of mileage on it even it being my only car and daily commuter, it has now about 32k miles.
Differences...

I have a 2006 si coupe the sedan was not available this year. Also this year model has no vsa. Did they offer the coupe down there?

No usdm si comes with those mirrors from the factory.

Automatic climate control was not an option.

My 2006 has no fog lights not sure if that was an option for my year out not. Also not sure if the newer models come with them standard.

CD changer is an option not standard.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Differences...

I have a 2006 si coupe the sedan was not available this year. Also this year model has no vsa. Did they offer the coupe down there?

No usdm si comes with those mirrors from the factory.

Automatic climate control was not an option.

My 2006 has no fog lights not sure if that was an option for my year out not. Also not sure if the newer models come with them standard.

CD changer is an option not standard.
No coupe were offered here ;'-( Only a few independent imports.

The mirror indicators don't come only in the LXS version (cheapest) all the other ones come with indicators.

Our Si's come with the indicator on the mirrors, foglights, 6cd changer (premium, nav or subwoofer weren't offered not even optional), Auto climate control,, Cruise control, VSA and I think that's about it.

We had it from 07 to 11 and then the 9th gen came back only in coupe version now in 2015.

·
Registered
721 Posts
No coupe were offered here ;'-( Only a few independent imports.

The mirror indicators don't come only in the LXS version (cheapest) all the other ones come with indicators.

Our Si's come with the indicator on the mirrors, foglights, 6cd changer (premium, nav or subwoofer weren't offered not even optional), Auto climate control,, Cruise control, VSA and I think that's about it.

We had it from 07 to 11 and then the 9th gen came back only in coupe version now in 2015.
The mirrors with indicators were only available on the hybrid civic here.

All usdm si have premium sound with the sub and cruise control standard. navi is an option.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Grats bro!

That car was definitely a hit. Pretty new for a 2007 car... After a checking out a lot of junk cars, you finally did!

About the height, when honda tropicalized the FA5, they decided to make it higher because of our fine roads, included the premium sound, hybrid markers and digital A/C.
Plus, Honda only offered 3 colors: NightHawk Black Pearl (replaced by Crystal Black Pearl), Alabaster Silver and Rallye Red.

It was a pretty pricey car for it's time (around 50k usd), and had no optionals available.

Yup, the only good thing we got here is the lxs flex sender lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
I wonder how that suspension changes the driving dynamics of the car -- if there isn't too much of a tradeoff, it might be worth looking into here, I live in Canada, and our roads are horrible in the winters. Having some extra suspension travel wouldn't be the worst thing if it didn't turn the summer handling to crap!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All our Civic's are the same height (Si's and non Si's) the change is in spring rate and the shocks are a bit stiffer. Whenever I have a chance I'll measure the height on the lower part of the body for you guys to compare.

We down here wanting HFP's or Coilovers and you guys wanting our monster truck suspension...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Was having an issue with a lot of noise coming from the front of the car, looked like the feared play in the steering rack, but no vibration or clunckiness on the steering wheel whatsoever. Did a quick inspection and found the compliance bushing on the right side broken.

Replaced it and the noise reduced but wasn't gone. Changed the bearing and bushing on the top of the shocks (the bearings were needing retirement anyways). Noise still there.

Did some testing on the weekend and found both inner tie rods with play and mooving too easily and one of the outer tie rods busted aswell. Gonna change both inner tie rods hopefully next weekend and order the outer tie rods (gonna replace both). I'll be relieved if the noise goes away, it is driving me crazy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had a fairly dark tint on my other Civic, but this one came with no tint and I'm getting used to the clear look... If I install a DVD or a miltimidia system maybe I'll tint the windows, if not I think I'm gonna keep it that way. Over here some law enforcement are very strict about tint.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update:

Installed:

- CatDelete
- DC Sports SRI
- Hybrid Racing Cable Bushings

I would prefer a CAI, but the SRI was at an excellent price, so I couln't refuse.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Forgot the pics

This "Build" (if I can call that a build) is gonna be slow because I'm always on a budget and since the currency rate for Reals to US$ is about 3 to 1, upgrades over here in Brazil are seriously expensive...

Car has about 36k Miles now...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts