8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't really had a chance to get under my car to check if theres room or not. So I thought I would ask to see if anyone knows. I've got an 07 Civic Ex Coupe Automatic. Is there room under there for a dual exhaust? I don't know a whole lot about this stuff so any help you can give would be awesome!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Well, I'm going to leave my personal opinion out of this one. To answer your question, it is not possible to run true dual exhaust on our cars. You could run a Y-Pipe to a second muffler. However, since there will be 0 gain and this is only for show, it'd just be easier to buy a second muffler and free mount it opposite of the exhaust. No reason to chop up the one you have.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks. Didn't think it was possible without splitting it. Well I've got someone that wants me to do a few specific mods before they buy it... I was going with a dual exhaust cause they want it 'loud'. Whats a good 'loud' exhaust? I have a Magnaflow right now but its hardly louder than the stock exhaust. Any suggestions.

·
Registered
330 Posts
straight pipe with no resonators would be louder

EX auto? It breaks my heart when you see a car trying real hard and then hear the auto tranny...

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Grim said:
Ok thanks. Didn't think it was possible without splitting it. Well I've got someone that wants me to do a few specific mods before they buy it... I was going with a dual exhaust cause they want it 'loud'. Whats a good 'loud' exhaust? I have a Magnaflow right now but its hardly louder than the stock exhaust. Any suggestions.
Skunk2 70mm, its loud and sounds good (for a 4 banger)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
r18power said:
so are u selling the car to this person or what? just curious
yeah i am. i bought it mainly cause i didnt wanna hastle with a manual (Si) but soon after I bought it i regretted not getting the Si. It's a nice car but not really what I'm wanting. A friend wants to buy one but doesn't wanna go through a dealer so I said I would sell it to him. He wants me to do a few modifications to it and he is gonna give me more than what I paid for it...

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Grim said:
yeah i am. i bought it mainly cause i didnt wanna hastle with a manual (Si) but soon after I bought it i regretted not getting the Si. It's a nice car but not really what I'm wanting. A friend wants to buy one but doesn't wanna go through a dealer so I said I would sell it to him. He wants me to do a few modifications to it and he is gonna give me more than what I paid for it...
:eek:hsnap:
go get an si now then..and throw a skunk2 on that sob, sounds like heaven

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Grim said:
i wish i had a friend like that...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah definately can't afford an Si at the moment. Friend's $$$ = mine soon :D so I will hopefully have a nice brand new Si soon.

·
Registered
264 Posts
:yeahthat:

reminds me of those mexicans with the dodge or gm trucks with 8 muffler tips on them cruising around at the flea markets :eek:hsnap:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts