8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
i know it may not look right at first but im gettin the mugen dual pipe rear underbody kit put on so therefor it would match cuz i seen the same on another car but with just the single exhaust on it now THT dnt look right to me in MY opinion

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
V4 ?

Hyundai Genesis has a dual muffler and its 4 cylinder 2.0T. It looks good.
On a Civic , not so much ....
That's not a true dual, it's just one header coming out of the engine with a Y pipe that splits the exhaust to two mufflers (just like the S2K, Evo X, GTI, and every other inline-4 motor).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
That's not a true dual, it's just one header coming out of the engine with a Y pipe that splits the exhaust to two mufflers (just like the S2K, Evo X, GTI, and every other inline-4 motor).
well thn thts wat i want i wasnt understanding wat a true dual was but now i do and thts wat i thought i wanted but i wanna find a dual exhaust like those but for our civics

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
your gnna hve to find a shop to custom fab one for you nobdy mkes an aftermarket blt-on tht wll fit the civic itll likely hve to be fabbed wth a y-pipe aftr the resonator i dnt even kno if thre are hangers on the left side so they may evn need to weld a set of hangers on to the undercarriage for the piping to be supported by needless to say its a nontrivial job and wll probably cost mre thn a typical custom muffler job.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
your gnna hve to find a shop to custom fab one for you nobdy mkes an aftermarket blt-on tht wll fit the civic itll likely hve to be fabbed wth a y-pipe aftr the resonator i dnt even kno if thre are hangers on the left side so they may evn need to weld a set of hangers on to the undercarriage for the piping to be supported by needless to say its a nontrivial job and wll probably cost mre thn a typical custom muffler job.
thnx ima try doin it on my own with some help cuz itll be cheaper for me to do tht instead of havin someoneelse do it tht way i know everything bout my car with no suprizes u know wat i mean? so yeah and thts another thing tht nvr even crossed my mind yet i need to check for those hangers on the other side side.

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
hey wat bout DC Sports Racing brand too tht the same as the Full Race?
no, DC is pretty much the cheapest/junkiest exhaust brand for our car. Not hating, but I've known their headers to break, and they offer the lowest performance increase, etc.

I would try to find a used full race, GReddy, or Skunk2 on here or facebook. Btw there are regional facebook groups for 8th civic and you may be able to locate a local used exhaust for sale

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
no, DC is pretty much the cheapest/junkiest exhaust brand for our car. Not hating, but I've known their headers to break, and they offer the lowest performance increase, etc.

I would try to find a used full race, GReddy, or Skunk2 on here or facebook. Btw there are regional facebook groups for 8th civic and you may be able to locate a local used exhaust for sale
alright thts wat i thought oh and i didnt think of the local 8th gen facebook groups for an exhaust thanks ill def check tht out

·
Registered
1 Posts
i need help finding a BOLT ON, (no welding or major modifications required), dual exhaust system for my 2008 fa5 civic sedan si. does anyone know where i can actually find a dual exhaust system or even anyone have one for sale cuz ill buy it off ya. cuz they r so hard to find and i have no clue exactly where to look tht actually sell dual exhaust systems for a fa5 kinda like the FD2 dual exhaust system but for the FA5. PLZ HELP!!! thnx
But that's not a "true dual" coming from two sides of the engine.. That's what he was talking about.
The only one I’ve seen is a J’s was racing dual exhaust they’re some out there it’s just hard to find the 2008 Mugen RR has a dual exhaust from factory it is a jdm car

21 - 30 of 30 Posts