8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i need help finding a BOLT ON, (no welding or major modifications required), dual exhaust system for my 2008 fa5 civic sedan si. does anyone know where i can actually find a dual exhaust system or even anyone have one for sale cuz ill buy it off ya. cuz they r so hard to find and i have no clue exactly where to look tht actually sell dual exhaust systems for a fa5 kinda like the FD2 dual exhaust system but for the FA5. PLZ HELP!!! thnx

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I don't think you're going to find one. You'll have to custom fab one because honestly it's purely form over function, and there's not enough people who would buy one for any aftermarket companies to come out with one.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
There's no place for that giant muffler in the center to go on a Civic due to the spare tire. The only way you would be able to dual exhausts would be to add a y-pipe to the end of the midpipe after the resonator and route one outlet to the other side.

Or you could have an additional outlet out of one muffler and have that route to a set of tips on the other side like:

But you're looking at a pretty expensive custom fab project unless you can weld that yourself.

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
I saw a dual exhaust on a civic r18 a long time ago in Tampa. It made me do a dbl take. But that was the only one I have ever seen.. might have to go to a muffler shop to have a guy cheaply fab one up for you

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I saw a dual exhaust on a civic r18 a long time ago in Tampa. It made me do a dbl take. But that was the only one I have ever seen.. might have to go to a muffler shop to have a guy cheaply fab one up for you
I saw one too, but it was just a fake exhaust tip welded to the undercarriage. You could see right through it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Oh...you want a Quasi-Dual Exhaust...I thought you wanted true dual exhaust...

Anyways...

It'll look a little weird to have 2 exhaust outlets on a 4 cylinder car (it practically screams 'RICE') and the rear bumper cover wouldn't really flow with the outlets either. The whole thing would look pretty awkward.

But if you must...

I highly doubt you'll find any bolt on for our cars with the quasi-dual set-up.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Unless it's a V4 mounted longitudinally, I don't think a 4-banger can have a true dual since you only have 1 bank of cylinders to vent exhaust gasses for.

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
Unless it's a V4, I don't think a 4-banger can have a true dual since you only have 1 bank of cylinders to vent exhaust gasses for.
true.. lots of cars have dual tips but only one cat-back section until the rear axle anyway.. But if the OP want's it fine :shrug: haha

I just remember seeing the one with a dual and I literally did a dbl take tryna figure out what was going on haha

But the Mugen RR has dual tips!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
true.. lots of cars have dual tips but only one cat-back section until the rear axle anyway.. But if the OP want's it fine :shrug: haha

I just remember seeing the one with a dual and I literally did a dbl take tryna figure out what was going on haha

But the Mugen RR has dual tips!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always thought that was kind of silly of the Mugen RR because they spent all that money trying to shave ounces off of the car...and then they slap on a totally non-functional dual exhaust.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
aight thnx for ur input guys i greatly appreciate it but one thing i was thinkin tho which is wat i was plannin for my car is changin out the stock single exhaust rear bumper skirt for the mugen dual exhaust bumper skirt to make it work and honestly i think itd look great. yes itll def look weird but noone else ever has it and im tired of copycats so im doin my own thing to be different. thnx tho i appreciate the help and input. Well actually how much would tht setup run me tho for my car since the tire is in the way of doin the one exhaust from the evo?

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
The GReddy is a nice system. You can check out videos on YouTube

I have the Skunk2 cat-back and I love it.. It sounds really racy and it's loud, but deep and in a good way. But the GReddy is more mellow for sure.

this is my car before I had my header:

and this is the video that made me go with the Skunk2 70mm:

hope you enjoy the information :giggle:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
thnx skunk2 was one of my top choices i was goin with i just wanted another opinion b4 i go ahead and do it but the only issue with it is how easily loud at idle it is which is fine but not for something so loud i should be pushing so much more power out of my car thn wat it really is so id rather go with more power tht comes with the sound although it does sound pretty damn good. is there an exhaust tht makes more power with a lil less noise level? i was thinkin maybe vibrant but idk wat u think?

·
Registered
16,395 Posts
People say good things about Full Race brand exhaust. It is a true 3" exhaust for good power and it quieter than Skunk2

·
Registered
947 Posts
Unless it's a V4 mounted longitudinally, I don't think a 4-banger can have a true dual since you only have 1 bank of cylinders to vent exhaust gasses for.
V4 ?

Hyundai Genesis has a dual muffler and its 4 cylinder 2.0T. It looks good.
On a Civic , not so much ....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts