8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kindof a weird problem and i was hoping someone could help me. when i get into my car in the morning and start it for the first time, the second i turn the wheel i hear what sounds like someone hitting a drum from the underside of the car. what strikes me as odd is its always the first time i get into the car and turn it on, no matter how long it sits (a little louder when its been sitting for a while) was wondering if anyone new if this was normal or if i should have it looked at. i got the 08 si so i fugured all the bugs would have had been worked out by now. if anyone could help me out i would really appreciate it, thanks!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
not sure what u mean by a drum. but u sure it not the abs cheaking its self?. another thing when i got my 07 si a few months ago i had all sorts of noses coming form the car form the suspention to under the hood. now i have 4000 miles on it all the noses are gone, it could be the car is just breaking in

·
Registered
90 Posts
not sure what u mean by a drum. but u sure it not the abs cheaking its self?. another thing when i got my 07 si a few months ago i had all sorts of noses coming form the car form the suspention to under the hood. now i have 4000 miles on it all the noses are gone, it could be the car is just breaking in
Oh, it's that boiiing sound the ABS makes when I go over a bump while pressing the brakes. I guess it sounds like a drum more than anything else, I don't know if this is the problem, or why it would do it standing still.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
drum..

its weird almost like a duumm sound coming from under the hood near the joints. the fact that it only does it once when i first get in the car puzzles me. then i never hear it again. i've heard mention of the system check before but how can they be related to me turning the wheel? i hope thats the case

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I know exactly what you mean and was wondering the same exact thing. It will never do it again which is weird. If the car sits for at least 5 minutes and turned back on it will make that same sound. I think it might be the metal contracting after it has expanded from being a bit warm? I'm honestly stumped.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds

yah its def starting to aggravate me though. you plan on going to get it checked out or do you think its something we have to live with? i just dont want it to end up being a huge problem in the future ie when the warranty goes up. anyone else with this problem? any suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.