8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, so I feel really stupid. But I drove over a curb/island thing (at an angle not head on; probably 10-15mph; felt really horrible when the car came down like a big pothole; going up the curb it was angled down and short so that was no big deal). This was at like 2am I was tired...quick inspection didn't notice anything messed up with my wheels or alignment.

I'm definately going to have my car checked out. Should I bring it to the dealership (still under warranty) or is that a bad idea and I should just have a independent mechanic check it out? if i tell them what happened could they blame that and deny future warranty stuff.

And if I do bring it to the dealership, would I have to pay to have the car checked out?

Really hope nothing got messed up :(

TIA

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
They might charge you to look at it,just depends on if they are cool or not. Does it drive differently now ? If you dont see any damage and it still drives strait down the road then I would say you are fine.:thumb:

·
Registered
850 Posts
I did something exactly like that a longggggg time ago. It tore my new muffler almost off. I was pissed but it could be worse. Like runnin over a dog or worse a person. Have it looked at. No warranty will cover this. Your insurance will though. But then your rates may climb. :vtec:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
sorry to hear that. i was having a smoke during a late night at work and just happened to see some (likely drunk) ******* hauling through the parking lot. he nailed one of those curbed islands at 35-40 MPH... car bounced 2 or 3 times, huge display of sparks and everything :) with a 24-hour denny's in the same plaza, we see a lot of interesting people around 2 AM on friday and saturday nights.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I feel your pain man. I (stupidly) just straight ran over one of those parking curbs one late night. I had to call our roadside vehicle (i work at a dealership) to pull me off. I took it to the Honda dealership here in town and they did an alignment check for free. Also why it was up in the air they let me inspect it. Luckly no damage to anything except my tire. I got stuck on my H-brace. If it wasn't for my H-brace i couldn't imagine what could have happened. They're was some scrapes on the bottom of the bumper but that got replaced when I got in my accident :( Don't worry about the warranty it won't "void" anything. Accidents happen man. The dealerships understand that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Guys, I could seriously use some advice. I was doing my brakes myself and I am the type who usually leaves my car out of gear with the eb engaged. Welp, while doing my rear brakes i had the ebrake off for obvious reasons and had the car in 1st. I was also listening to music. I decided I'd start the car so it wouldnt die. Here is where everything went wrong, not thinking about it I started it and started to walk away, at which point 1st gear engaged and my car pulled itself off the two year jackstands and over a parking curb. Now here is my question. What in the front right corner of the car could be easily damaged by that? It was basically resting on the frame where I'd put the jackstand on the right front side of the car. Just from a quick glance and a drive around once i finished the brakes nothing seemed to be harmed to bad and I may have come away unscathed but is there anything up in that corner of the car that I should def get checked out?

BTW I checked out the rear suspension and it is fine. At least as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Guys, I could seriously use some advice. I was doing my brakes myself and I am the type who usually leaves my car out of gear with the eb engaged. Welp, while doing my rear brakes i had the ebrake off for obvious reasons and had the car in 1st. I was also listening to music. I decided I'd start the car so it wouldnt die. Here is where everything went wrong, not thinking about it I started it and started to walk away, at which point 1st gear engaged and my car pulled itself off the two year jackstands and over a parking curb. Now here is my question. What in the front right corner of the car could be easily damaged by that? It was basically resting on the frame where I'd put the jackstand on the right front side of the car. Just from a quick glance and a drive around once i finished the brakes nothing seemed to be harmed to bad and I may have come away unscathed but is there anything up in that corner of the car that I should def get checked out?
I don't think you should ever work on your car again. You should get your own thread for this one. Bravo:clapping:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.