8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey soo have a Honda Civic SI 2009
And I was driving back home untill it start to rain like crazy, I have a cold air intake that goes down and my car is pretty low. Eventually I knew water was going to get sucked up and it started acting up. Turning off, but I kept revving the engine up so it dosent die but I got it home alive. But during the ride next thing you know I can’t pass 3,000 RPM which I’m guess might be somthing wrong with my map sensor, but I got it home thank god but every time I turn it on and leave it on to run after a min on it turns off, not sure where to start and where to go with this.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Is it knocking or ticking? Take off all 4 spark plugs and crank the engine and let the water spit out - this would be a good idea. Who knows, I would check anything electrical in the car and dry off anything.

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Your car probably went into LIMP mode which would explain why it wont go past 3k RPM's.
Like mentioned above, Take your spark plugs out and try to dry everything out.
Also I would check the MAP sensor in the Intake, make sure its dry and clean, plus I would check to make sure there is no water in the Throttle Body.

Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts