8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove an SI- WOW

I bought an 07 LX coupe 5 speed about two months ago. Yesterday my sales person called me for a follow up call. I mentioned that I should have considered the SI when I bought my car. He made it sound like they may be able to make me a good deal on one.

I went down and test drove a SI sedan. I start her up and love the way the exhaust sounds. Way different then the LX. I was really impressed with the power of the SI. Feels like a different car then the LX. Amazing what the extra HP does. I gotta say I really like the sedan too. I always thought the coupe was the way to go but now I'm not sure.

We go back to run the #'s and and would get totally bent over if I traded in my car. I had rolled some negative equity into my current LX and now I'm really upside down. I went in pretty much knowing that it wasnt going to be possible, but I had fun on the test drive! :vtec:

I'm going to keep my car for at least a year, pay it down and possibly trade up to and SI eventually. I'm still happy with my LX purchase. I got the LX for good gas mileage and wanted to keep my payments low. I think I got the SI bug by spending to much time on this web site! Oh well my LX is still sexy....

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
404 Posts
Good luck bro!! I absolutely love the Si!! With a few bolt-ons she'll really come alive for you!!!:thumb: The high flow R/T Cat especially wakes her up!!:vtec:

bsj177 said:
I'm going to keep my car for at least a year, pay it down and possibly trade up to and SI eventually. I'm still happy with my LX purchase. I got the LX for good gas mileage and wanted to keep my payments low. I think I got the SI bug by spending to much time on this web site! Oh well my LX is still sexy....

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
That's why I'm scared to go down and test drive one..I'm afraid I'll walk away with it. I really want to wait until the new Accords come out and see how I like those. I really dream for a V6 and navigation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i had the same issues. but i took my time and decided opn the si. as far as the coup or sedan i was coup all the way till i saw a black si sedan at the gas station. the rest is history. i bought my si sedan yesterday.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep I've been bitten by the SI bug. Unfortunately it's just a real bad financial move to do it right now. I need to pay down on the LX for a while. As far as the coupe vs sedan thing right now it's a toss up on which I perfer. I like them both for different reasons. I'll be on here drooling until I can get my own SI.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
just wait guys....

there are gonna be better SIs in the future.

I waited 4 yrs to get mine......im sure yal be just fine :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nayislsi good point. Maybe they will fix some of the minor problems and even make the car better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts