8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would I need to go about doing this? The stock springs/shocks are great and having messed around at Willows last weekend I really know that they can perform. They hold so well with my new tires too.

The only thing is that I want my Civi a little lower...maybe an inch or so for when I put 5zigen GN+ 18's on it. I don't want to lose performance for looks...

Is my only option expensive coil overs? Anyone have any ideas on this one?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Look into hfp suspension. It is made by honda as an upgrade in performance. They give you stiffer springs and shocks so your car will corner noticeably better. The only downside is it does not lower it much, a little less than an inch. This is the best bang for the buck. Besides that as far as I know the only upgrdes are expensive coilovers.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Get a progress rsb. Real nice upgrade for the price and it gets rid of a considerable amont of body roll

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am also coming up on my 30k...how long do the stockies last? Maybe I will just upgrade them to coils when I have to replace them...

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
HFP would give 0.8"-1.0" less stock height, and a slight increase in performance. (Opinions will vary, but will not give less performance than Stock)

KONI/ HFP Springs. (My current set-up) If you can source the HFP springs specific to your chassis (for max performance from the spring, usually found used for springs only) they make a great pair especially being the HFP springs are linear, as is Stock, and the rebound force adjustment of the KONIs.

KONI/ Eibach Pro-Kit (or any drop spring within 0-1.5" less stock height). Most oe style drop springs are progressive rate. Can be unpredictable during chicanes or during load and unload instances. I ran KONI/ Swift Springs; excellent street/ light auto-x set-up, just did not like the progressive rate handling characteristics.

+1.5" less stock height begins to hinder suspension geometry for any real suspension gains.

Add a Progress RSB, Hotchkiss Endlinks, little more agressive alignment through the use of front and rear camber kits and should perform well on street and light auto-x.

The lower rates of the HFP and oe style drop springs are the limiting factor in handling which is when people being to require higher rate springs, they jump to a coilover.

·
Registered
61 Posts
i had sportlines with tokico blues. it loooked very good but ride and handling was horrid. just switched to hfp with progressive rear sway. I am soo amazed by how well the car handles now. i compare it to my buddies 00 ITR. the ride is great, and the handling is awesome def recommend hfp

·
Premium Member
101,191 Posts
:1: for HFP paired with Progress RSB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts