8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats good everyone, i want to get my car dropped but im not too familiar with it and i wanted to know, is the springs the only thing i need to get?
Also which do you prefer?

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
Whats good everyone, i want to get my car dropped but im not too familiar with it and i wanted to know, is the springs the only thing i need to get?
Are you looking for performance or looks. Keep in mind, at the moment, it is either one or the other. :thumb: :wavey:

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
ALOT of people are just running springs on OEM shocks/struts w/ front camber bolts, and Rear camber arms either Skunk2 or SPC to correct your alignment issues after the drop. Coilovers are NICE, dont get me wrong but unless you Auto-cross or going around banking corners like your last name in Earnhardt....minus the adjustable ride height and comfort factor, your NEVER going to use them for what their design for :thumb:

Are you looking for performance or looks....
you guys and this "performance" kick :giggle:.....

Define Performance for our man :biggrin:

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
you guys and this "performance" kick :giggle:.....

Define Performance for our man :biggrin:
Ok, performance as in a tuned balance in regards to spring rate, strut valving and weight of the vehicle (weight distribution). You can lower your car ~1.2"+ and actually have negative effects on the way the suspension is designed and engineered to work. These cars were designed for the street. If the car was designed for the track, they would be lower and the chassis would be designed to withstand those factors.

Slapping on a spring to a stock strut is not the best thing if you are looking for performance (guidlines I posted above). Looks, it is all up to you. Go with the color spring you like, company that sounds better to you, or even the lowest drop.

Just because the vehicle is stiffer does not mean it is handling better. :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts