8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey today me and my boyfriend were installing my skunk2 lowering springs, as he was taking the three top bolts off the struts and one of the bolts accidently fell and went down beind where the top bolts are, where the wiper blade motors are. My question is how do I get the socket out?

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
get the socket out? i thought you dropped a nut(one of the 3 that holds the top of the strut)...

anyway...wont ever get it. go to the store and buy a nut that fits...i did the exact same thing.

·
Registered
13,281 Posts
Yeah, take off the plastic cover and ther is a flat metal piece that goes tower to tower and i'll bet you'll find it there.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I did the exact same thing a few days ago... luckily my friend had that magnetic tool that udumkid mentioned and we managed to fish it out of there. Definately pick one of those up, they're a life saver!

·
Registered
213 Posts
i had the same problem when i was doing my suspension, and i used a goose neck magnet to try and get it out but i could not find it so i just took of the black plastic and found it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
if you leave it in their you will hear it when you make turns, trust me i did not drop a bolt in their but my socket fell in and that drove me crazy hearing that thing go from one side to the other.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts