8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I just got an 08 civic si fg2. My buddy just bought me a k&n drop in filter for my birthday. I am just wondering and am a little concerned about putting it in my car in case of the a/f ratios. Will this be okay to use even tho I dont have hondata yet? Or will I be ok? Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have been running a K&N drop in filter in my R18 for approx 110,000 miles with no associated issues...

Everything is bone stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have the K&N drop-in for my 06 Si and I'm not sure there's a perceptible difference. It sounds like the engine breathes easier and revs slightly quicker but I didn't do any objective testing.

Maybe try back-to-back trials between the OEM and K&N filters?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The motor only takes in the amount of air indicated by the ECU. If you had cut a hole in the filter or had removed it altogether, the A/F ratio would have been the same for that same instant in time.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I prefer aFe Pro Series panel filters...like the Pro Dry S. No oil.

Paper filters, 3 later foam filters, they all run about 17% +/- more effective airflow.

Yes, you probably got about 4whp/3wtq over the entire rev range.

It will give better throttle response, a little better gas mileage...depending how you drive.

If you want to be impressed and reliable all motor power, get a HR 3.5" silicone intake, header, and a MAP tune.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That drop in air intake filter wont cause any harm to your engine. I drop those in every truck or car I own when I don't want to change out the whole intake never ever had an issue. They are a good bang for your buck and are better that stock intake filters I believe for a fact.

K&N is the way to go when you want something like this. Have you installed it and if you did have you notice any differences from before?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts