8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been replacing sensors,relays,alternator,vtec solenoid gasket,two oil plugs plastic one and aluminum one,that leak on top of the engine,blinker switch,ignition coils,low beams/hi beams 3 sets,Ground wire,Terminals,fuses pertaining to lights.My first important thread I read about was drl re-solder.I looked under the driver compartment where the fuses are and to the left just under the blinker arm but did not see one there..Correct me if I'm wrong,but is there another fuse under the glove compartment,I did change the fan relay also.The motor mounts were also replaced as well as bushings.I haven't checked the starter yet.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Verify your mag clutch for the AC isn’t stuck on. The relays go bad and it’s possible it welded itself stuck on. Will run down battery quickly. Fix is to replace mag clutch relay. Possible the relay associated with daytime running lights is also stuck on. Would be similar relay fail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you,J.Nissin.I have a new ac but need to have the (ac vacuumed for moisture,and re-charged).I have numerous new ac relay and sensor fuses re-placed.My engine fan is not working either,thats a new relay and two small diodes.I hope to put a (new starter) making sure all is making contact.(Ignition switch)is connected to the engine fan also,so yet another remove and replace.I have done a multi meter parasitic draw,pulled a few fuses that brought the voltage to a better reading.I changed the thermostat also because top hose was hot while bottom hose was cold now having flow to the bottom hose,topped off radiator fluid.Heater works well.all that said,(lights) start to flicker,then off,again (drl) hence dead Battery(Battery).Need to replace (drl).Maybe new (fan).

·
Registered
206 Posts
Have done a lot to chase that one. Shotgunning parts is an expensive solution. Did you verify a good body to engine block ground? Then engine to battery ground? Many times multiple problems are a common fail point.

BTW if you do replace the starter only consider an OEM style (Mitsuba) as the parts store rebuilt types don’t last.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oem (Starter)!ok,tried paperclip in fan harness but no luck,maybe fuse hot wire to harness to se if engine (fan) works.In hope of a reliable vehicle,this car is worth it. Sensors,relays,fuses,parts are replaced.oil/filter changed every
3k miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts