8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got new DRL for my lx civic 09. they are not level at all. one is facing up and the other is facing downward. i have double checked the installation of the bulb and everything is fine. any suggestions?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
So, you replaced your high beam bulbs, and now they're out of alignment?
Then you have the bulbs in wrong. Period. There is nothing else to go wrong, unless somehow the bulbs themselves are faulty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The reason i got new bulbs was because when i look at the reflection of my lights on other cars/garage etc. the right side bulb looked very dim. thats why i decided to get a new set of bulbs. turns out its not that it wasnt dimmer. it was just angled more downward then the other.
i can say the bulbs are in correctly. i even had my friend double check .
any other ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they wern't at first but i adjusted them by turning the thing with screwdriver.. i dont know what its called.

·
Registered
526 Posts
If your lowbeams are aimed correctly and your high beams are off, then there are 2 possibilities......either the new bulbs are installed incorrectly or one of the new bulbs is defective. Swap the bulb from the right side and install on the left and the one from the left side to the right and see what it's like then.

1 other thing that could be causing your issue and I bet this is it.....you said your low beams were off at one time and you adjusted. You could have had one of your low beam bulbs installed incorrectly, then you adjusted to compensate, and then it threw your high beams off as a result.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh i see what your saying. ill check all that out today and see what i can find. thanks for the help. ill update again if the problem remains.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
I thought the op was talking about his daylight running lights and not his high beams???

My drl lights are also aimed differently. I need to fix them.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I thought the op was talking about his daylight running lights and not his high beams???

My drl lights are also aimed differently. I need to fix them.
DRL and Highbeams share the same bulb. DRL has low voltage running through it under normal conditions, but when we need the high beams, higher voltage is applied and you get the "high beam" effect i.e. more light.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
one of your bulbs is seated wrong 99.9% sure.... could be one of your high/drl bulbs or could be one of the low beams and you adjusted them so much your high/drl got aligned weird.... believe me i tried to figure this one for almost 2 hours when i changed my high/drl bulbs.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had the same problem when I put in my Nokya DRLs because one was seated wrong. I had the correct bulb type, it just didn't turn right because there was too much plastic on the part that keeps the bulb in place by pressing against the housing. I just took a razor and shaved it off little by little until it fit correctly.

Find out why it isn't fitting right and see what you can do to fix it.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
sounds like what most people mentioned already, either incorrect install or badly made bulbs. double check if you installed them correctly and compare the new bulbs to the stock ones and see if there is any significant difference in how they look.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok. i do remember it was pretty hard to get the bulb to twist on. ill take a look later tonight. thanks for the updates

·
Registered
256 Posts
look i had this same problem when i bought the bulbs from ebay never gonna do that again well one bulb was bigger and different shape then the other and it was point in different directions soo just check the bulbs and make sure they both loook the same

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok i finally had time to check the bulbs today and what i found out is that once the bulbs are twisted in correctly the left bulb holder is like loose a little..i can push down and push up on it... the left one however is sturdy and wont budge. i double checkd again and theres nothign wrong with the way the bulb is put on. i guess its just the holder is loose or soemthing? any ideas?

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Ok i finally had time to check the bulbs today and what i found out is that once the bulbs are twisted in correctly the left bulb holder is like loose a little..i can push down and push up on it... the left one however is sturdy and wont budge. i double checkd again and theres nothign wrong with the way the bulb is put on. i guess its just the holder is loose or soemthing? any ideas?
are you sure all the tabs are in there holes?? when i installed mine it was a a pita to twist but once it went in but one of the tabs didn't go in the hole... felt like it was in there but the bulb was loose like you described... tried multiple times and finally got all the tabs in the right holes.... ( unless you know what i'm talking about yes everything i said can sound very wrong and dirty lol)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts