8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever driven the Si with steel toes? I'm starting work soon at a place that requires steel toed boots. I dont want to keep a 2nd pair of shoes in the car (everyone at work drives with steel toes but they have automatics). How easy is it?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
i hate drivin with any shoes at all...long barefoot summers ftw...just take them off thats what i do or keep a pair of slippers in the car...lol works tho

·
Registered
289 Posts
It is probably manageable but it will be more difficult than if you were to use other shoes. I find it taking some adjustment time whenever I switch from sneakers to flip flops or dress shoes.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yeah, only prob. with steel toe is pedal feel. Although when I was driving my car in traffic with some heavy boots on I went to push the clutch in and skimmed the brake with my left. Needless to say, my neck hurt for about a week from the jolt. Other than that, it is no prob. Oh and you will get use to it.

·
Registered
935 Posts
it sucks!!!!!!!!!!!! i hate it and will never do it again..i just keep my boots in my locker at work now..try it and you will see

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I have a pair of crocs for driving tehe!

They hide just under the seat. Then again I guess I don't have to do as much work while driving a CVT.

·
Registered
248 Posts
For my summer job I worked in a window factory and had to wear steel toes. I always carried my regular shoes with me to and from work so I could change into them. I got tired of changing my shoes all the time so I just drove with them on. It's not as bad as you think, very do-able. Like others have said you just loose some feel for the pedals.

·
Banned
13,587 Posts
I HATE driving with my steel toe boots, I stall so many times. I usually carry them in the trunk and drive with normal shoes and just swap when I get to work.

·
Registered
59 Posts
steel toe boots aren't bad. A little getting used to but overall, not too bad. Try driving with ski boots on! haha. (i tried it around the parking lot one day, to see if i could haha) (not on the civic)

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is my first post, had to add in. I worked as a mechanic and was backing out some European car with the clutch depressed, got rollin, went to hit the brakes and nothin. My toe had gotten stuck in between the thin pedals and lodged under the brake arm. Hit a car....

Our pedals are not that close together though.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I wear boots to work everyday. (Not steel toe.) I don't have any issues.

Although, I will tell you that they seem to wear the floormats pretty fast.

·
Registered
706 Posts
<------- Air Force AMMO. Almost all of my driving is with steel toed boots. I dont' find it any different than driving with my Tims on. Nothing beats my Kart Kats or my Future Cats though. ;)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I wear steel toe shoes all the time, learned to drive my car with boots, and rarely do I ever wear sneakers. I found it to be no big deal, though I will admit it took abit to get used to the clutch when I did wear sneakers.

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
I would imagine you could get used to driving with anything - including STB's. ...probably do a lot of cursing in the beginning though. Good luck! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts