8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for xmas my bro bought me a 10 hour course of 2 hours of class lessons and then 8 hours on a track with a driving instructor to put your car through the paces.

I'm just wondering who has done something like this and what should I expect? I'm not really seeing how my car is gonna stand up to a beating for 8 hours on a track.. I'm also wondering if I should just get the HFP kit so that my car can handle the track a bit better.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
So for xmas my bro bought me a 10 hour course of 2 hours of class lessons and then 8 hours on a track with a driving instructor to put your car through the paces.

I'm just wondering who has done something like this and what should I expect? I'm not really seeing how my car is gonna stand up to a beating for 8 hours on a track.. I'm also wondering if I should just get the HFP kit so that my car can handle the track a bit better.
You should just stick with the stock suspension. It's already great as is. But instead of spend 600+ on the HFP Kit, I would say get a camber kit (Front and rear), and brake pads.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Keep everything as close to stock as possible therefore if anything does break warranty cna replace :) .

Brake fluid is a definate must have and brakes are recommended ... you COULD always buy stockers and then just beat on the ones you have now and after you get home swap them out one day for the new ones. :) ... oh and IF YOU WANTED stainless steel brake lines at least in the front aren't a bad idea either... definately NOT nessicary, BUT it will greatly increase the feel of the brakes and they won't expand and possibly crack like the stock rubber/plastic ones do...

Im sure they'll give you a helmet to wear but when you go make sure you bring a bandana cuz even if the helemts ARE washed inside and out I still dont trust other peoples heads... so a bandana will help you NOT get lice lol... just something I do...

Oh, and bring a spare set of boxers lol jk...

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, it's a school for learning how to drive your own car. They have full-out 'race' cars you can use, but it's like $800 a day. I'd rather learn on my own anyways lol

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
before i went i studied the driving lines of the track through youtube videos.

here you go:
YouTube - Streets of willow springs instructional video

watch that over and over and over again until you memorize the track. learn the driving lines and why they are placed for that reason.

if you have any questions pm me.

but they dont always run the track the same way the may run it counter clockwise none the less good infoand great vid

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Keep everything as close to stock as possible therefore if anything does break warranty cna replace :) .

Brake fluid is a definate must have and brakes are recommended ... you COULD always buy stockers and then just beat on the ones you have now and after you get home swap them out one day for the new ones. :) ... oh and IF YOU WANTED stainless steel brake lines at least in the front aren't a bad idea either... definately NOT nessicary, BUT it will greatly increase the feel of the brakes and they won't expand and possibly crack like the stock rubber/plastic ones do...

Im sure they'll give you a helmet to wear but when you go make sure you bring a bandana cuz even if the helemts ARE washed inside and out I still dont trust other peoples heads... so a bandana will help you NOT get lice lol... just something I do...

I heard if you track your car and it breaks warrenty doesn't cover it...just what I hear I may be wrong.

Oh, and bring a spare set of boxers lol jk...

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Also i'm adding that you NEED to bring a picture of an owl that says O RLY below it... so when you learn something new you put it up and say "O RLY"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts