8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how exactly do you situate yourself in your si? when you push your clutch to the floor is your leg almost completely extended? or do you hit your knee on the steering wheel? when you look to the left are you looking out the back seat window? (lol) how about the steering wheel? so many adjustments what is optimal for driving?

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I keep the seat almost straight up, only a slight angle back. I keep it close enough to the pedals that I can put the clutch all the way down but still have a slight bend in the knee, not fully extended. I put my arms straight out and adjust the steering wheel so my wrists touch the top of the wheel. Angle of wheel is so I can see all the gauges.

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
all i know is driving my si makes the right side of my lower back hurt like hell. when i drove from nyc to florida, that part of my back hurt so bad, it took two days for the pain to go away. i still havent figured out why it does that but i've driven my si for 18.5k and still experiencing this pain. i dont get it with other cars or other seats. i wish we had a lower back support adjustment

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rcracin13 said:
all i know is driving my si makes the right side of my lower back hurt like hell. when i drove from nyc to florida, that part of my back hurt so bad, it took two days for the pain to go away. i still havent figured out why it does that but i've driven my si for 18.5k and still experiencing this pain. i dont get it with other cars or other seats. i wish we had a lower back support adjustment

maybe you're reaching too far for the gears?

·
Registered
124 Posts
rcracin13 said:
Time to see a chiropractor my friend

·
Registered
574 Posts
rcracin13 said:
Try sliding your seat all the way up or back and change the tilt way forward or way back so that the settings are way off. Then readjust the seat like Agent004 said:

"I keep the seat almost straight up, only a slight angle back. I keep it close enough to the pedals that I can put the cluth all the way down but still have a slight bend in the knee, not fully extended. I put my arms straight out and adjust the steering wheel so my wrists touch the top of the wheel. Angle of wheel is so I can see all the gauges."

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Agnt004 said:
I keep the seat almost straight up, only a slight angle back. I keep it close enough to the pedals that I can put the cluth all the way down but still have a slight bend in the knee, not fully extended. I put my arms straight out and adjust the steering wheel so my wrists touch the top of the wheel. Angle of wheel is so I can see all the gauges.
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I make sure that I have to push the clutch in a little bit less than fully stretched out. My shoulder is essentially at 45*, while my elbow is at 90* with my hands on the wheel, so it's pretty close to me. The main issue for me is to have 5th gear right at a nearly fully extended arm.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
My seat is slid all the way back, and the height is about in the middle. I cannot see the speedo unless i move up a little bit, but its no biggy, i drive off the tack anyway. My back is tilted quite a bit, but i can reach the steering wheel with my shoulders touching the backrest. The steering wheel is telescoped as close to me as possable, and as far down as possable. I'm 6'3" and can reach the shifter, peddles and stereo just fine.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
You shouldn't be completely extending your leg when pushing in the clutch pedal. You should be close enough to your steering wheel so that you can pretty much rest your wrists on the top of the wheel when you're back is resting in the seat.

Don't have your seat far back and almost like you're lying down. Not only is it not safe, but you look stupid. :)

·
Registered
637 Posts
I keep the seat almost straight up, only a slight angle back. I keep it close enough to the pedals that I can put the clutch all the way down but still have a slight bend in the knee, not fully extended. I put my arms straight out and adjust the steering wheel so my wrists touch the top of the wheel. Angle of wheel is so I can see all the gauges.
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
37 Posts
ya

i feel yr pain had my 07 si 4door 2 mths now 4508 miles and am still adjusting the seating position ... get the feeling my right leg or hip is gonna cramp after an hr or 2 driving but it never does

had the same prob wth my 02 rsx finally got it perfect

just give it time and u will find a comfortable spot

ps the si beats the rsx hands down..... really

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
seat low as poss and stearingwheel as low and out as poss then i tilt my seat back and just lean back on the part that sticks out for your lower back

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
seat low as poss and stearingwheel as low and out as poss then i tilt my seat back and just lean back on the part that sticks out for your lower back
I hope you don't ever get rear ended, because if your head doesn't touch the headrest you'll get MAJOR whiplash. I was in the backseat of a friends car with no headrest when we were rear ended at only about 10-15 mph. There was barely any damage but my neck hurt for a couple weeks afterwards.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
I sit as low as I can, i sit close enough that my arms are at a 90 degree anglein respect to the steering wheel. Kind of like a touring car set up

·
Registered
124 Posts
Don't have your seat far back and almost like you're lying down. Not only is it not safe, but you look stupid. :)
:yeahthat: Seriously looks retarded...

I keep it close enough to bend the knee slightly and the back straight enough to have the lumbar support (despite the obviously small amount) and to reach 5th with out any strain... so pretty close to wrists on the wheel. I'm more concerned about hitting the gear then resting my writs.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Dr. Scholls makes a "carseat"... It plugs into your 12v and provides message, heat, x5 diff. settings.... I believe their about 65$ I have one and it's great for long trips... although i havent taken one in :vtec:

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
I hope you don't ever get rear ended, because if your head doesn't touch the headrest you'll get MAJOR whiplash. I was in the backseat of a friends car with no headrest when we were rear ended at only about 10-15 mph. There was barely any damage but my neck hurt for a couple weeks afterwards.
i have a bad back and any other postion really hurts :confused:

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have it so my seat is not "gangsta" leaning back lol, its up straight for the most part but tilted back a little to be comfortable... I'm only about 5'7" so my seats pretty far up but it's too the point when it's comfortable for me to push in the clutch so it's not like my foot is reaching for it, and I have the steering wheel so it comes in a little closer to me so that when I have my left arm straight on it I have a little slack so it's not all the way stretched out. I also have it raised up a little high. Cracks me up when my Dad wants to drive my car b/c his head is almost hitting the ceiling.

I hate when people try to move my seat and stuff to get in the back, I'm like nope! Use the damn passanger side, my seat does not move. I have it in the perfect spot for myself. It's just a real big pet-peeve of mine when ppl try to mess with my stuff when I have it perfect. I drive my car every single day and I have it so it's comfortable... not mess with it! lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts