8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you find driving your Civic, no matter what the conditions, traffic, etc, to be relaxing or stress reducing?

I used to hate driving. Sure, I enjoyed scenic routes and getting "lost" on back roads. But day to day driving used to kill me. Since I bought my Si, I've been racking up miles just loving every situation.

Even in the worst traffic, with a-holes on all four sides, I'm grinning ear to ear just thinking about tapping it up to 5k and screaming away in second gear--even if I don't!

So, tell me. Am I crazy? Should I check myself in? Should my tailor begin working on the straightjacket?

:iorun:

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Driving is a stress reliever but for some people it's not. For some people driving when they're stressed out will lead into more aggressive driving, which sometimes could lead into a crash by bad judgement.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I always go for a drive whenever I'm in any kind of extreme mood.

When I'm angry or depressed, it always cheers me up to hit VTEC down a backroad, and let the car work its magic. ;)

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It seems like a silly question. But, for real, I've never experienced this before. My blood pressure actually goes Down in rush hour traffic!

BTW, Chase, I work for a trucking company, and when I saw your sig I had a few LOLz. Talk about a truck driver crapping his/her pants. That's a great chop! :thumb:

I wonder if playing chicken with a semi would relax me so much, I'd fall asleep. Hmmmm.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
since this is my first stick car the first couple weeks driving it were stressful as hell! haha didn't keep me out of the drivers seat though. now i'm good with it though and i see what you're saying.

·
Registered
923 Posts
I love driving in my LX. I don't really care that it's not a Si or that it's an automatic, it's such a nice change from driving an SUV. The only thing I don't like is now I'm at eye level with the headlights of SUVs and pickups.

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
Long a$$ rides to no where make me feel at ease. I can't stand local traffic there's too many idiots. I'm planning a drive to New Mexico next summer. I can't wait. Dammit, i wish I could just keep driving westward and plant some roots in the desert. :( I know the Meanie would love the Cacti and some real mountains.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.