8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
on thursday im picking up my relative's S2000 and driving it back to my house (about 20 minutes) to detail it for winter storage :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

im pretty pumped, ive always wanted to drive one :vtec:

ill let everyone know how it is... and i think its an 03 with the F20.. 9000k redline anyone?!

After actually driving.... UPDATE!

The power is very similar to my Si... the VTEC crossover is no where near as noticeable... to be honest i was expecting a little more... but it was fun!

handling was pretty good, its such a small car and soo low, but the tire pressure was very low and i havent driven with it corrected yet... so im sure it will handle 10Xs as good with the correct tire pressure

this is my dad's cousin's husband's car... my dad's cousin is a very big woman and she drives this once in awhile... i have no fckin CLUE how she gets in and out of this car and i have no clue how she drives it because its so small... its a very raw car, i would not want one for a DD... but its fun as hell

another note... it took me a good 5 minutes to figure out how to get this fckin thing in reverse!!!!!!!!!!! the shifter pattern is the same as my fg2 but it wouldnt go all the way over!!!... then i remembered my friend's G35 where you had to push down and then go over for reverse... so after being a dumbass, i finally got it into reverse hahah

conclusion - fun car and its a honda... but if i was looking for a weekend car in this price range...id probably buy a used C5 corvette convertible over the S2000

·
Registered
7,573 Posts
i drove one before.. it's pretty quick.. esp when you are hitting vtec at 6000RPM it's just sick..

btw the one i drove had i/h/e

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Its a fun well balanced car, not real fast, but its a lot of fun going around the the twisties with the top down.

Just be careful with that oversteer, I've had some... interesting situations with getting on the throttle too soon and hitting wierd pavement. Thankfully the car seems pretty forgving.

oh, and don't expect much torque :D

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dentrecords said:
It's been compared to an Si with no top... I'd agree with that.. maybe an extra 10% performance.. have fun
yea im sort of expecting it to be similar to my Si except with 40 more HP and RWD handling

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
dentrecords said:
It's been compared to an Si with no top... I'd agree with that.. maybe an extra 10% performance.. have fun

There is something about the feel of the car, its just, different. IDK, you need the right roads to appreciate it.

s2k + SC :dancing:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
HAD the same one before the Si - you'll notice the VTEC kick is LOUD (esp. if you take off the intake cover). You will love the extra 1000 rpm of VTEC (cause I def. missed mine).

One thing I noticed is that there is only 13 more WHP than the Si (193 S2k vs. 180 Si) but the S2k is much quicker.

·
Registered
563 Posts
You guys who say it's not very fast are idiotas. 40 more hp and rwd and a full second faster 0-60 than our Sis is pretty fast for a low 200 hp car. Now stop your dumb comments or I will have to call the BS police :police:

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Driveshaft loss, really. And yeah, you definitely need the right kind of roads to really appreciate it. It's also a bit more "dimwitted" than the Si -- the engine is older so you'll have to treat it as such. I really love driving them though.

I will admit to it being "slow" in comparison to other cars in its segment though due to a much older engine. The 350Z has more power, but I'd still pick the s2k. Even simply because of the better position of the shifter, to the firmly ensconced feel of the car, I'd still pick it over some of the competition -- barring the Z4 2.3si.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Izzy said:
I will admit to it being "slow" in comparison to other cars in its segment though due to a much older engine. The 350Z has more power, but I'd still pick the s2k. Even simply because of the better position of the shifter, to the firmly ensconced feel of the car, I'd still pick it over some of the competition -- barring the Z4 2.3si.
My dad went through this in '05 before he bought his s2k, and although other cars may be more powerful, the s2000 was just more fun.

It took a lot of work to convince him, okay, actually all I did was have his take a test drive and he bought the s2000. Now I'm trying to convince him to get rid of the s2000...

...for an elise, but he refuses to test drive one because he knows he'll get one if he does.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TJ213 said:
My dad went through this in '05 before he bought his s2k, and although other cars may be more powerful, the s2000 was just more fun.

It took a lot of work to convince him, okay, actually all I did was have his take a test drive and he bought the s2000. Now I'm trying to convince him to get rid of the s2000...

...for an elise, but he refuses to test drive one because he knows he'll get one if he does.
forget the elise........ exige S :eek:hsnap: :hitit:

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
shutter13 said:
forget the elise........ exige S :eek:hsnap: :hitit:
meh, love removing the top too much, and he could sell the s2k and buy a used '05 elise without losing too much money

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Truth. An Exige S doesn't let you remove the top, which is part of the fun in the Elise. It's 90% of the hardcoreness (minus the SC) and infinity% headroom.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
besides, its not like the factory S/C is the only way to get good, reliable power

anything sector111 touches is gold

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
The only things I'd really take from the Exige S is the front fascia, rear diffuser, and the wheels (Advan Neovo, IIRC)...other than that, I'd rather build a motor car, instead of FI.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts