8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 07 LX coupe right now, and I'm in the process of trying to work out a deal to trade it in for an 07 SI sedan.

What I want to know from people who have driven both is: is there any difference in legroom for the driver? I know the seats are different, so I'm hoping the SI might have a little more room? Thanks

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
ive driven both before and both of the leg room feel the same to me really. and yes the seats do have a big difference as the si ones are more comfortable and snugged.

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
the sedan and the coupe should both be the same. the ones i drove were sedans. the spacing is still the same not much diff so you dont have to worry about it being less space. once you sit in the sis seats youll think your r18 seats are crap and uncomfortable.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm hopefully going to at least go sit in one tomorrow so I'll see how it feels. I kind of assumed that they were more comfortable... I was just hoping that maybe they go back further, or are deeper, or anything that will give me more leg room.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Ive driven the Coupe and Sedan SI and I own the LX Coupe. I personally think the SI seats own ours they are more stiff but hug a little more. I feel safe in the seat when in my car it is softer for the DD its just not hugging me I move around to much.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Seats arennt very interchangable on our cars, because of the passenger side weight system for the airbag, it throws up the SRS light. And im pretty sure your warrenty expires.
It aint worth it.
Ive got coupe seats in my sedan, and only the drivers side goes in without triggering the srs light. Its so annoying.
Also, a note, the sedan seats are much higher build quality then the coupe seats. Things like the headrest dont jiggle around, the lever to pull the seat up and down works much more smoothly, and the sedan seat actually goes 5 clicks higher then the coupe, the coupe can go 5 clicks lower however.

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
Not till you try the EX-L.
i have actually sat in the EX-L before, it feels pretty comfy but i am not a big fan of leather seats imo. i would still prefer the si seats over what i have in my car anyways. everytime i turn right ill need to hold on to the armrest a bit so i wont move as much.

you can also change your seats to racing seats, as someone mentioned above your airbag light would be messed up, but the downside you wont be able to recline it/move it forward.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I test drove an 07 SI over the weekend. The leg room was pretty much the same. The seats were harder but they felt like they gave a little more support, so... better and worse. I could see driving on the freeway for a couple hours being more enjoyable in the LX.

Now I just want to test drive another SI though.... I seriously think that there was something wrong with that one. First of all it didn't seem THAT much faster than my LX. I hit v-tec for the first time in my life, and it was cool, but it was just extra noise more than anything else. The car also idled at like 2000rpm.... so I don't know what was going on with it. Apparently it doesn't take much for a car to become a "Honda certified used car" hahaha

·
Registered
779 Posts
si seats are so much more comfortable.. my butt hurts from driving my moms civic ex

1 - 19 of 19 Posts