8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Just joined the forum so be easy on me lol.

So I just got a 2007 civic ex about a month ago. It had ac issues so I took it to the shop on Friday. Got the car back and ac blows cold.

I get in and noticed a loose wire harness connector hanging down with no idea where it goes. Already took the bottom panel off and checked underneath and still no idea what’s it connect to. I’m guessing the shop messed around under there or something, idk.

Car drives fine with no codes and no warning lights. Any help is much appreciated!
6E057489-2CEF-4305-B0B0-BC34246ADE70.jpeg

B4F44E05-43C6-4C5E-89A9-237BE799283E.jpeg

C18D549B-1D3C-416F-BD1D-657F622A2071.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
2,435 Posts
That looks like an wire loom that is not factory. Could be a formerly installed radio or remote car starter? Some other gadget? I've taken my dash apart numerous times and never saw a loom like that. If you car isn't throwing any codes, A/C working normally, drives fine, then I wouldn't worry about it.
Ed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks like a factory wiring harness for the stereo. You can tell by 1 wire is a solid color, and has Sam color wire with a black stripe indicating it's a Negative wire

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like a factory wiring harness for the stereo. You can tell by 1 wire is a solid color, and has Sam color wire with a black stripe indicating it's a Negative wire

Where would it connect to? I checked under and I didn’t seem to find anywhere it could fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It might have connected to the factory amp. It's in the center console on the passenger side by the feet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The harness itself is not that long so idk if it can reach. I’ll check it out tho later today. Much thanks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Given the build date of the harness(week 34 of 2006), it looks like it came from the factory with the car.

If your car has an aftermarket head unit, the original owner might have simply unplugged it to bypass the amp.

I'm about to bypass the amp on my car, I think my aftermarket head unit will sound better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts