8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed today that the driver side rubber gasket (the one around the door frame, not the door itself) doesn't stay in place right at the bottom of the A-pillar where it meets the dash. I keep on pushing it in and it seems to snap in place. But, when I open the door, it pops off again.

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
227 Posts
So bringing a thread back from the dead.... I can’t believe that nobody has found a solution to this problem! All 5 of my friends who have 8th gen si's have the same issue and it bothers the heck out of me and I would love to fix it! The rubber comes off on the curve on the A pillar on both the driver and passenger side. If anyone out there knows of a way to fix it please let us know!!!!!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm having the same issues on many of my seals. Has anyone found a solution? Should I replace, repair, ?? My car is out of warranty, but it sounds like a consistent problem (honda reliability seems to be falling off a cliff with the 8th gen... manual tranny issues, sun visor braking, underbody rust...)

·
Registered
28 Posts
there is a glue made for weather stripping, used it on other cars before with success. have no idea where i got it tho.. it was old and said it was for "GM" but i'd imagine thats all the dealer would do is reglue.

just my retarded two cents

·
Registered
14 Posts
Door seal

The inside door rubber gasket/seal on the frame on both front doors no longer covers the gap when door is closed. Out of warranty. Anyone suggest a good glue? The glue must hold quickly as the gasket will quickly snap off the frame.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I've been dealing with this for years. I made the dealer try to fix it while bringing it back for OTHER issues, but they said it has metal in it that bends to hold it in place. Yeah, it does, for a few days, then starts to fall off again. It's my driver's side rear door that I'm having the issue with. I'm in to see if anyone knows of a good glue? Doesn't really have to stick fast, as it seems to be a slow process of falling off.

·
Registered
248 Posts
can we get the part number for the rubber gasket? (the one around the door frame, not the door itself) this is for Driver door... mine is torn apart and I need to replace it :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.