8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was retorquing everything on my driver side, and when I looked at my axle, it looked like it was out about 1/3 from my transmission. Whenever I rotate the hub, I hear where the axle meets the tranny click. Is that normal? It seems to have very little play. Could it have popped out a little when doing my spring installation? Thanks..

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
can u get some pics of it? ... i doubt that it popped out during your spring installation since you dont need to dismember the axel from the hub

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't support the hub when doing the install and it tilted forward a little. Here's a picture, it isn't the greatest..

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
looks fine to me ... like i said i dont think you popped it out ... they're not the easiest to pop out lol ... you dont necessarily have to support the hub when installing springs ... the hub was leaning a little forward because where the shock bolts on was undone, the axle is still attached to the hub tho

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
okay..is it normal for the axle to click when i spin the hub? it clicks when i start to spin it then no noises after that.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well..still have this issue. Whenever I rotate the par that is pictured, there's a click. Not really much play, but when I start to rotate it, it clicks and then the hub starts moving. I don't know if that's normal or not, so bump for more input.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts