8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was wondering, because theyre kinda high and i dont wana drop the bank before i hear some opinions, has anyone tried either the blitz or buddy club throttle controllers?

id love some feedback as these are direct fitment to our vehicles, and in my opinion a drasticly needed part

·
Banned
24,191 Posts
ok..in order...1.None has tried them yet and posted about it her so no real feedback thus far.

2.Supposably these are plug and play,they just plug in between the throttlebody and the wiring from the ECU.

3.It's not a needed part but then again there are rumors that the stock ecu does not open the throttle plate all the way at full throttle.

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
How much are they? 300 something? Get like 20 people who aren't sure if they want it or not to give me 10$ via paypal and ill pay the rest and give you the reviews of me, phalanx, and soxfan all for one :thumb:

·
Banned
171 Posts
ok..in order...1.None has tried them yet and posted about it her so no real feedback thus far.

2.Supposably these are plug and play,they just plug in between the throttlebody and the wiring from the ECU.

3.It's not a needed part but then again there are rumors that the stock ecu does not open the throttle plate all the way at full throttle.
actually someone here did try it and they did say it helped alot with his car....it was a FBP 4 door boosted making like 5 or 600 horse. i havent been on here in a while so i forget who it was sorry....

·
Registered
890 Posts
I haven't worked with the either of them myself; however, the tuner shop that did my cam has installed a handful on the FG2/FA5's and a bunch of 350Z's and G35's. He's had much success with them on various vehicles and feels it's one of the best mods you can get for the FG2/FA5's. It is a direct plug-n-play. There's a connector from the accelerator pedal that plugs into a harness under the dash. You literally disconnect it and plug the controller between it and then mount the unit where ever you like. It is true that the throttle is not fully opened even at 100% pedal effort. Since it can physically open more, it does make some power.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
oh ya, forgot to say this to... i havent driven my civic since last fall, but i have a scangauge2 and throttle position only goes to 70 something., like i said, its been a while since i've driven it and i forget exactly, but its only opened between 70-79 percent on a N/A car.... i have a buddy with a turbo and his was opening to somewhere around 90-95 percent but he or i didnt know if it was because the added pressure forced it open more or if the tune told it to open more... just thought i would add this info in for you guys trying to figure this out...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wow, i didnt think id get this many replies that fast, and im really glad someone ordered one so i can find out what they really feel like, also i believe the ads for both say that it lets them open to full throttle once installed

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
This site is full of chicken $hit people who want anyone else but themselves to take the plunge on something. I'm not singling anyone out but it's pretty weak.

Buy it, if you don't like it resell it or trade it.

Aside from it being able to open you throttle plate further at WOT, all it does is intercept the signal and opens it when your foot is not on the pedal. Install one and play with the setting in neutral and watch your engine revs increase, not something I'd want on my car.

If you could get a device that increases the speed that which the throttle plate opens and closes without preloading the throttle then you have got a buyer in me.

EDIT: does no one use the spell check on this site? "supposedly" not "Supposably," "supposevly," "supposively."

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.