8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i know this subject has been brought up before. In fact i've brought it up myself before. But, i'm curious to find out if there might be a way to somehow bypass or somehow figure a way out to make the dbw system more sensitive to respond better. I know someone has already swapped the TB with the type s...too much work though, cus you have to swap the ecu and and speed sensor (or so i heard) and mess with the ecu wires to fit the type s ecu. Someone please let me know, cus i love my car to death. But at the same time, who ever invented the dbw system for out car didn't know what they were doing. Damnit, sometimes i feel like i'm driving an auto with that lag.

·
Registered
532 Posts
friedk said:
Don't you mean "Welcome to owning a new car with honda drive-by-wire"?

:coffee:
Saying Honda DBW is definitely too broad a statement. Our '06 Odyssey is DBW and I'll bet money NO ONE would notice. Throttle response is immediate. I don't know what happened with Civic.

Honda?

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
PR_S14 said:
Saying Honda DBW is definitely too broad a statement. Our '06 Odyssey is DBW and I'll bet money NO ONE would notice. Throttle response is immediate. I don't know what happened with Civic.

Honda?
I was correcting the previous poster's incredibly broad statement that all new cars have DBW. Good job on further narrowing the statement down. lol

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
one of the mechanic that i know said dbw actually good for the motor.... forgot why but he been working with honda for almost 10yrs

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
strCIVIC said:
one of the mechanic that i know said dbw actually good for the motor.... forgot why but he been working with honda for almost 10yrs
Well its good for the motor as in the computer commands the throttle to optimize the air intake.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I only say that because while my Civic was in the shop I had to drive a Sebring. The steering wheel center literally felt EXACTLY the same as my trash can lid.

Slabs of gray plastic, as far as the eye can see.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok, i understand it's a new car and all. But have any of you driven an 06 s2000...that's made by honda, it has dbw. But, it feels nothing like ours. I agree that it's better for the engine (only cus i've heard so myself), but why did they make it so laggy, and NO, it's not the torque, or else every car with dbw system with low torque would do that. I don't have a problem with the 40-up punch, but 20 is my biggest problem, that's when i feel so much lag, almost a sec long lag...almost that is. but still, that's enough to f-up the run anyways.

·
Registered
281 Posts
make sure ur inthe right gear for what ur tryin to accomplish. other than that, i have nothing bad to say about our dbw. drive a little bit more and learn ur car better, then the "lag" wont exist anymore.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I read the reviews and i have an 06 with 07 hondata reflashed ecu, so if i go to the dealership for that "reflash" will it take the hondata reflash out?

As for Cuban Si, I am in the right gear, doing 20 punch you stay in first...not in second. That's where i feel the most lag. And i tried getting used to it and accepting the fact that it's laggy, too hard though when it feel like i'm driving a sport shift automatic.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts