8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

· Premium Member
142,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
The problem with Dow Honda is they are too convenient for me - they are just down the street from my work. It's very easy to drop the car off and spend 5-10 minutes walking to work, and pick it up at the end of the day. If I went to HCH, I'd have to deal with shuttles, getting a ride there and back and certainly have to be there much earlier in the morning to get over there.

· Registered
274 Posts
A loud exhaust will definately bring out the rattles, same with a subwoofer...

Not to be sour or anything, but this is just 1 side of the story. Someone on redliners posted something about DOW, and it ended up being completely bs.

Edit: Mike, I am not saying you are lying or anything, just wanted to mention that misunderstandings and misinterpretations happen.

· Registered
274 Posts
dentrecords said:
The problem with Dow Honda is they are too convenient for me - they are just down the street from my work. It's very easy to drop the car off and spend 5-10 minutes walking to work, and pick it up at the end of the day. If I went to HCH, I'd have to deal with shuttles, getting a ride there and back and certainly have to be there much earlier in the morning to get over there.
Ahh makes sense now.. I was wondering why you brought it there after your 1st bad experience.

· Premium Member
142,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
for sure.. well, clearly the service manager has "misinterpreted" the warranty manual.

I do understand resonance and how that can make something rattle, however, this happens even with the engine off. Unless they are saying the resonance from my exhaust caused a fastener to fail somehow, they don't have squat to go on. Even that would be difficult for them to prove.

G

·
wow man thats terrible service, god forbid they try to get you to do your
scheduled maintenance you idiot. as for the squeeks and rattles, i know how to fix them-sell the car, save up $80,000 and buy a lexus. i bet you're the kind of winy prick that would have honda canada on your cell phone speed dial. maybe you should take your own advice and avoid that service department "like the plague" if i was working there and you kept coming in for these squeeks and rattles and refusing to do maintenance i'd punt your ass out the door!

· Premium Member
142,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
stopbitchin said:
scheduled maintenance you idiot. as for the squeeks and rattles, i know how to fix them-sell the car, save up $80,000 and buy a lexus. i bet you're the kind of winy prick that would have honda canada on your cell phone speed dial. maybe you should take your own advice and avoid that service department "like the plague" if i was working there and you kept coming in for these squeeks and rattles and refusing to do maintenance i'd punt your ass out the door!
good call man.

you're totally right.. Honda warranties their cars, and the dealer gets paid to fix the issues, yet, never does. That makes me a stupid idiot for even wanting the issues fixed with my car.

Can you explain your logic of how getting my brakes inspected for $150 has anything to do with a piece of trim that's been rattling for over a year?

I see you've posted from the following address:

IP Address 209.87.237.215
Host Name gw-dow-honda.storm.ca

I'll be sure to bring this up in my official complaint to Honda. I've never seen a company so determined to give their customers a hard time. You even registered on this forum to come insult and harass me. Your professional service never seems to astound me.

· Scrodums
9,488 Posts
stopbitchin said:
Your DNS suffix is showing gw-dow-honda.storm.ca. That's funny, why didn't you mention you are a Dow Honda employee when you posted that, did you figure that was irrelevant?

I don't know what you were trying to get out of your post. If anything, you just dug a deeper hole for Dow Honda's service department. Got any problems? Forget it, you drive an econobox, not a $100,000 car, so who gives a ****? Great mentality. What's the damn purpose of a Honda warranty then? Your post displays what kind of ignorant people the service department hires to do "work" on a customer's car.

Refusing to do maintenance? Dude, you're on a tuner forum. No one is going to pay you guys at a labour rate of $90/hour to tell me my pads are in check and my fluids are topped off. Get real. Who says we can't do it ourselves? Oh right, we don't work for Honda. Everything we do MUST be wrong and has a chance of voiding the warranty.

Think before you post.

G

·
hey guys-you took this thing wrong, most of it is a joke, but the fact of the matter is you cant expect a 25,000 car to be as quiet as a luxury car. it has to be understood that these trim and rattle things do take time and that coming on these posts and complaining about them drives me crazy. it seems to me that you are getting good service and shouldnt complain so much

· Six eyes
5,011 Posts
stopbitchin said:
stopbitchin said:
hey guys-you took this thing wrong, most of it is a joke, but the fact of the matter is you cant expect a 25,000 car to be as quiet as a luxury car. it has to be understood that these trim and rattle things do take time and that coming on these posts and complaining about them drives me crazy. it seems to me that you are getting good service and shouldnt complain so much
Classy. Do you make beeping noises when you back up that fast?

· Registered
3,195 Posts
WOW... I wonder if this guy is the same loser who treated me like some mentally challenged person when I went to DOW...
Well, way to go buddy, whether you're a service advisor, tech, or mechanic you just lost A LOT of customers... I"ll be sure to tell anyone who buys a car at DOW to take it to HCH for service.

· Acorns!
18,626 Posts
I don't know dent. I really might have to side with Dow on this one. Doing your own oil changes outside their honda dealership probably HAS caused your arm rest to creak. I'd look into that more.

UUHHHHhuuh.gif

· Webby's Minion
7,063 Posts
stopbitchin said:
So you try to apologize after it was figured out that you work at Dow Honda? :rotfl:

webby said:
let's just say they have a mark, and not in just 1 location
:popcornbig:

:waiting:
:eek:hsnap:

· Six eyes
5,011 Posts
8thgenuser said:
So you try to apologize after it was figured out that you work at Dow Honda? :rotfl:
As much as that could be considered an apology I guess. I wouldn't even give him that much.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.