8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Double din wiring

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Dawsen 
#1 ·
Yesterday I started putting in my Pioneer AVH-211EX double din, colour matched all the wires and soldered them (theres still some spare wires with no pair, just left then unattached) , and put it in. The head unit starts up and everything but no sound plays

I’ve watched a few videos, one saying I have to attach the olive wire from a module not being used to the blue/white wire from the aftermarket harness, another video said to connect the pale blue wire but didn’t say to what. I just want to know what I’m doing before I start trying things and accidentally fry the unit
Also I don’t have the antenna harness or steering wheel module, not sure if that affects anything

#2 ·
The Si's have premium audio so you need to send a power signal to the amp. Connect the light blue wire from the second stock connector to the red power cable. That makes the amp turn on when the radio turns on.

Another possible problem is a constant buzz in the back ground. It happened to me when I put a pioneer unit in. To fix that you need to connect the speaker wires to RCA connectors and then plug them into the back of the new radio. Its not that bad but if you want a perfect sounding setup then you have to do that.

#3 ·
The Si's have premium audio so you need to send a power signal to the amp. Connect the light blue wire from the second stock connector to the red power cable. That makes the amp turn on when the radio turns on.

Another possible problem is a constant buzz in the back ground. It happened to me when I put a pioneer unit in. To fix that you need to connect the speaker wires to RCA connectors and then plug them into the back of the new radio. Its not that bad but if you want a perfect sounding setup then you have to do that.
You also can hook the light blue wire to the blue and white wire on the aftermarket harness.

#4 ·

I figurd
You also can hook the light blue wire to the blue and white wire on the aftermarket harness.
I figured out the light blue to blue/white, but I do have the buzzing, I appreciate the help

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.