8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an 07n SI with the Premium sound system. The other day the drivers door speaker blew. Anyone have any suggestion where I could purchase a new oem replacement? Or even have a recommendation on an aftermarket replacement to work with the factory amp and still sound good? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I recently bought an 07n SI with the Premium sound system. The other day the drivers door speaker blew. Anyone have any suggestion where I could purchase a new oem replacement? Or even have a recommendation on an aftermarket replacement to work with the factory amp and still sound good? Thanks in advance.
Hey there, the exact same thing happened to me about a year after I got my SI with premium sound. Except both door speakers went out. I chose aftermarket.

Its completely up to you, but here is what I did; New 6.5" speakers (of your choice, I went with Rockford Fosgate P-series combos [Which replaced the blown 6" woofer, and also added 2 small tweeters with built-in/preset crossovers]). You would need an adapter harness and an adapter ring, unless you know how to do some simple DIY work. I actually use to install alot of A/V stuff, and have the tools, solder, wrap, and connectors to make my own connections to the stock wiring harness (to plug-and-play with new aftermarket equipment, without cutting the OEM stuff up).
Now most ppl may bawk at what I did next (but its my car and worked great) I trimmed out the blown paper/cone of the OEM speakers, to reveal just the ring. I then shaved a hair here and there, and a little light sanding, and I had a ring that I could mount my new speakers to, with OEM holes and a perfect fit. Been running for about 2 years now and still work and sound just as great.
Note that all of this took one afternoon of work, and no modifications to the OEM system, or stock amp or anything. DM me if you have any more questions and I can send you some more info.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. That is what I was wondering. How much aftermarket speakers would work with the oem amp and system. I am pretty happy with the stock sound and I am ok with replacing with oem. Just trying to find a place to order one. I have also been looking at JL Audio as I have used there stuff almost exclusively in past vehicles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts