8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 859 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new and improved COUPE AND SEDAN DOOR SILL thread!

Door Sill Garnish - 2006- 2010 Honda Civic - Yospeed

It's been almost a year since these have been listed on my site and I've had non-stop requests to bring them back, so I thought I'd try out something new. For those unfamiliar with my door sills, they're CNC machined from light-weight 6061-T651 billet aluminum - which is a fancy way of saying it's aluminum which has been heat treated and artificially aged to increase strength. They're powder coated in a textured black to further enhance surface finish and durability, then engraved using carbide tooling.

In lieu of Si and Civic engraving, I'm now offering them with Coupe or Sedan engraving. Along each end is the silhouette of either a coupe or sedan Civic. I've also got a few custom sets laying around, one of which is the "Haters Crew" door sill.

Door Sill Garnish - 2006- 2010 Honda Civic - Yospeed

·
Registered
653 Posts
They are hot, I like Blazetigers more though. To each his own. I am still mad at you though because I never heard anything back from you about your first product and the optima battery tray.
CANMAN

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
CANMAN said:
They are hot, I like Blazetigers more though. To each his own. I am still mad at you though because I never heard anything back from you about your first product and the optima battery tray.
CANMAN
his was a one time thing/

·
Premium Member
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CANMAN said:
CANMAN
Hahaha. Sorry man, I haven't been keeping up with all my PMs. :sadwavy: I'm still working on making more Optima trays. I have the tops and bases done, but I need to order more round material to make the supports. I want to have some ready by next next weekend. :p

·
Registered
665 Posts
I think they look awesome! Can definetely see where the Ninja sword comparison comes in. Is that the final font or will you be able to change it with "Si" or something similar. Also, any chance you can pull something off in black powdercoat with the etching? I just think that from my past project some colors just look better with black than with the brushed aluminum look. I've been getting a lot of requests of doing sills with "Si" only on it (what I have on my car too) so I know a lot of people will be asking.

Any idea on pricing? Check your PMs.

·
Premium Member
6,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really love the brushed aluminum look, but I will definitely be doing some in black and maybe even red. As for engraving, I will be doing custom engraving. I won't be doing Si or Civic emblems because if Honda caught wind of it, I'd probably go to jail or have to pay a HUGE fine.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Celcius said:
I really love the brushed aluminum look, but I will definitely be doing some in black and maybe even red. As for engraving, I will be doing custom engraving. I won't be doing Si or Civic emblems because if Honda caught wind of it, I'd probably go to jail or have to pay a HUGE fine.

Yeah I know what you mean about the latter part. I had to search legal advice regarding it and they said it was a gray area. Have you considered having them "Officially Licensed"?

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
Looks good!!!

1 - 20 of 859 Posts