8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

241 - 260 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm so glad I stumbled upon this, the driver unlocking but the passenger staying locked has been pissing me off pretty bad lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I've had auto lock on my 2010 Civic SI since day 1. Now all of a sudden (103k miles), every time I hit 9 MPH it wants to auto lock again even though the doors haven't been opened. I have the extended warranty through my dealer which covers this, but is there something particular I should be looking at? I really don't feel like taking it in there for this.

1. Start the car
    Start Driving
    9mph the doors lock
    Stop at a stop sign
    start again, at 9mph doors try to relock
    repeat this for a 40 mile commute and 20 lights at 5AM and you want to rip out the locks
It seems as though if I open the passenger door and reclose it, the problem goes away. I may disable it until I can get it into the shop if nobody has any answers. Tried to search for it, and only found one thread that wasn't very helpful. Any ideas?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Not sure if I'm Si auto unlock is working properly but only the driver side door unlocks... not the rest. This gets kinda annoying especially when I have passengers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
civic 2007 1.8s

I have the same trouble whit my lx 4 dr, what could it be?
how sounds that click?
Same problem no second click after 5 seconds. just one click which lock all the door keep holding lock key but no sounds after that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Used Civic No Manual

I recently bought a 2003 Honda civic and only got one key (valet) and the manual was not there. I found the manual online but the civic is a Canada made LX so it is confusing I was told to go to 80's page to look it up but it only talks about regular operation; the best trick it lists is that I cannot lock the doors if one is not fully closed --- Jeeezz really never figured that before.

So this thread is a god send and I thank the poster

·
Registered
33 Posts

1. Start the car
    Start Driving
    9mph the doors lock
    Stop at a stop sign
    start again, at 9mph doors try to relock
    repeat this for a 40 mile commute and 20 lights at 5AM and you want to rip out the locks
It seems as though if I open the passenger door and reclose it, the problem goes away. I may disable it until I can get it into the shop if nobody has any answers. Tried to search for it, and only found one thread that wasn't very helpful. Any ideas?

I actually had this issue a couple months ago. I fixed it by resetting the configuration of the auto locking. Bascially disabling the auto lock and re-enabling it, now I have no problems.

241 - 260 of 260 Posts
About this Discussion
259 Replies
207 Participants
clokworkpenguin
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing