8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's the issue:

The problem is intermittent and i am sometimes able to reproduce it and sometimes it won't happen for several days/times i try to open the door.

It happened last winter which makes me think that something got hard/frozen/brittle and broke.

Sometimes when i press the unlock button on my car it'll unlock the driver door, i press it again and it'll unlock the passenger. then i got to open my driver side door and the handle pulls out like it's going to open the door and then pulls out what seems to be very far and the normal click the door is open feeling doesn't happen. at this point and time i am unable to open the door from even the inside (if i remember correctly).

then i press the lock button and the lock sound seems much much louder and harsher than before and i can then hit unlock and try again. sometimes it'll take me several tries to get the door to open or i'll have to get in via the passenger side door.

any ideas as to what is wrong or an exploded view of our door would be nice so that i could see if anything is broken worn or loose.

a link to a tutorial on how to disassemble the door would be nice too.

if it's as simple as greasing something up that'd be great news but i doubt it's that simple.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mine's having issues from the end that's supposed to move but hopefully i can get good look at my troublesome part, thanks

imaginary rep

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i was unable to replicate the problem once i had the door panel off but i just decided to tighten everything down extra well and make sure everything was flush, hopefully that solves my issue

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the problem came back within a week. sadly it happened to be that my girlfriend had left my lights on when i had her driving it for a bit. i didn't notice them on because it was daytime, there are several roads in MD that require headlight use no matter what time of day. well long story short, dead battery door handle didnt open door, no other key holes (2006 EX), Triple A came out.

so today ill take apart both doors. look at the differences and hopefully diagnose the problem and pickup the replacement part from my stealership or have it shipped from college hills. also tranny fluid replacement maintenance minder came on a few miles ago so that is to be done too

1 - 7 of 7 Posts