8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been rocking a G6 for a rental car while my girlfriend has been driving my 07 FG2. i must say, the commute has gone to crap now! this thing is numb! no steering feel, and the ass end slid out on me while taking a corner in my neighborhood (slightly wet roads) at normal Si speeds! not to mention it feels as if it weighs 4000 lbs. anyway, i wanted to take this moment to say how much i appreciate my "other" asian girlfriend. god i miss her so...

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
+1 man.. I got a 05+ V6 Stang as a rental for now while mine is having a repair done.. It is killing me.. The Stang is pretty quick, but it is a freaking semi in any directional change. Automatic + no exhaust note = :sadwavy:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
:eek:hsnap:

I know the feeling, at least I drive my civic to work. At work I validate onstar modules on a buick lacrosse (boat-car, you can get car sick even if YOU drive it), a G6 (looks good on the outside, no so good on the road), and various other GM vehicles.

Let's just say some days I look forward more to the commute to and from work, than the workday itself

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not to mention the fit and finish! i was initially bummed with my one rattle i had somewhere in the sunroof on my Si. this thing has a whole damn symphony of annoying squeaks and rattles going on in there! 10K miles! i understand that rentals get beat on, but it seems pretty cheap on this inside.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I actually liked the G6 I was driving for a rental. It's unassuming, and I quite liked the interior lighting. Other than that, it was crap, and would delegate it only to a rental. :D

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
Last year when I had to put my car in for repair, I was given a really really really crappy Neon to drive as a daily driver. I was so excited like a kid at xmas when the guy called telling me my car was ready.

The guy purposly gave me the crappy car so I would love getting back into my car.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Last year when I had to put my car in for repair, I was given a really really really crappy Neon to drive as a daily driver. I was so excited like a kid at xmas when the guy called telling me my car was ready.

The guy purposly gave me the crappy car so I would love getting back into my car.
Lol they almost gave me a Ford Taurus.. I can't imagine what I would've felt if I had that.. The Mustang has rattles all over the place, the window is practically falling out of the track somehow.. It's going to be GREAT to get my car back, that's all I know.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah. this is why i halfway understand the Mugen Si's upgrades primarily being in the suspension/handling dept. in my opinion, we'd be hard pressed to find a more fun vehicle to drive in this price range (non-Mugen Si).

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Man, you guys got it easy.
When my brakes were being fixed and my car being aligned,
they gave me a Chevrolet Aveo.
That thing rattled like a mofo, and I was so happy my car was done.

·
Premium Member
41,908 Posts
I put a paper bag over my head the second day I had that POS Neon, I couldn't tell if the headlights work, the dash lights...haha they didnt work.

I was so happy to have my car back I gave her a big kiss on the hood.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Stopped in to check on her.. Another week or so until she's done! :( It was good to see her at least, even if she was all dusty and had a sideskirt off with one end 3' in the air. Miss the Si!

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
I really actually like the G6. Pontiac needs to update it quite a bit. The upper trim levels are actually quite nice, but the base ones are "meh" at best. The Aura is a much, much nicer car.

The fit and finish of the G6 seems much higher than the Civic, in my opinion, but I don't have any long-term experience with it. They are really two different kinds of cars for two different kinds of markets as far as I'm concerned (the Civic vs the G6)

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
yah the G6 is pimp, i drive them around as a work car all the time. They re also nimble and down right fast with the 3.5V6 in it. Not to mention the very familier 17" wheels that come on the higher end one. HMMMM, some body say RSXtypeS wheels???
lol

·
Registered
209 Posts
i've been rocking a G6 for a rental car while my girlfriend has been driving my 07 FG2. i must say, the commute has gone to crap now! this thing is numb! no steering feel, and the ass end slid out on me while taking a corner in my neighborhood (slightly wet roads) at normal Si speeds! not to mention it feels as if it weighs 4000 lbs. anyway, i wanted to take this moment to say how much i appreciate my "other" asian girlfriend. god i miss her so...
i owned a 2dr g6 gt for a year before hand. it was a nice car, and i do miss it. the honda will be better down the road, but the g6 was much bigger on the inside for sure.

overall i avg around 24mpg in the g6, honda is +10, thats the main reason it went bye bye.

·
Registered
209 Posts
yah the G6 is pimp, i drive them around as a work car all the time. They re also nimble and down right fast with the 3.5V6 in it. Not to mention the very familier 17" wheels that come on the higher end one. HMMMM, some body say RSXtypeS wheels???
lol
i dont agree about the 3.5 v6 being fast. that car is heavy.

my r18 civic is just as peppy as the 6 was. overall, the design of the g6 was much better outside IMO.

here was mine, miss her:
2006 Silver GT coupe, Lucy

this was of course before i spent money on a dual exhaust and other nice stuff.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.