8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everytime i pull in to my apartment people are up my ass. i find my self turning in there at around 30mph and to add to this the drive is sloped funny so if i apply the brake the abs kick in and i feel like the tires are going to skip and i'm going to rub the curb. now with that said, i'v been hitting the brakes then coasting in gear when i pull in and i can feel the VSA applying my brakes. now this happens all over the place, a road that has a small slope when turning kicks the brakes in. if this keeps up i'll be replaceing bake pads every 8k.. now in case you'r wondering the VSA light does not flash but i feel it. i'v tryed driveing with it off just around town and it almost feels like the i-vtec does not work as well and i hate the yellow light. Yes we have i-vtec's, under light acceleration it will give you more torq for putting around.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Who cares if they are up your ass? Slow down and enter the lot like a normal human. They don't drive/care about your car, you do.

As for the VSA comment, I don't know what to say. I have never turned mine off, and don't plan on it. If it is hampering something in the system by being on, I would really be amazed with the car if it was off. I haven't felt like I've been in a situation where the VSA has taken something from my driving experience.

Just like that Cadillac commercial says. "When you turn on your car, does it turn you on?" My answer is, YES! (Regardless of whether or not VSA is on.)

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
4door said:
everytime i pull in to my apartment people are up my ass. i find my self turning in there at around 30mph and to add to this the drive is sloped funny so if i apply the brake the abs kick in and i feel like the tires are going to skip and i'm going to rub the curb. now with that said, i'v been hitting the brakes then coasting in gear when i pull in and i can feel the VSA applying my brakes. now this happens all over the place, a road that has a small slope when turning kicks the brakes in. if this keeps up i'll be replaceing bake pads every 8k.. now in case you'r wondering the VSA light does not flash but i feel it. i'v tryed driveing with it off just around town and it almost feels like the i-vtec does not work as well and i hate the yellow light. Yes we have i-vtec's, under light acceleration it will give you more torq for putting around.
what?

·
All Liver GSP's!
3,619 Posts
4door said:
Whaaa? I guess I am gonna have to ask. Why are they up your ass? Because you are driving too fast? Too slow? They can see the VSA flashing and it is keeping them up at night???

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
rmfa said:
I have an 06, I've never had VSA. I'm glad I don't, too.
don't really understand why u are glad u don't i think its a nice feature and ive never had a problem with it

also i dont see why this would have any influence on what the vtec does

·
Registered
372 Posts
VSA saved my life once during a heavy thunderstorm and I made a lane change that was a little too ill-thought-out. That was enough for me to appreciate its presence. The driver in my blind spot didn't have his lights on and visibility was damn near zero feet in front of me with the culmination of mist, tire spray, and heavy downpour, so even though I did turn my head I couldn't see his car. As I made the lane change to the right lane, he honked and I panicked and skidded a little back to my lane when VSA kicked in. Good stuff.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
Your talking about ABS dude. Just drive in properly. there is nothing you can do that will save your brakes if you mash on it.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Like others have said, its not the VSA, it is the ABS. You shouldn't be worried about wearing out your brakes if the ABS comes on! You must be mashing the brakes for that to happen on a dry surface. If you want to save your brakes, slow down in gear and slowly apply the brakes. That way you save your brakes and ABS won't kick in.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
It is most definitely your ABS kicking in since you are braking and the Triangle light (VSA light) doesn't go on. The ABS kicks in easy on our cars. Try turning without braking an give it some gas (do it at about 25 mph since it is sloped) and you will feel the difference between VSA and what you are feeling. If the light doesn't blink, it is not engaging.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Okay so maybe I might be the only one to agree with the guy *somewhat*, VSA should always be on #1 unless you are drift king in Japan, You should let the car do its thing..... I do however turn the VSA when I feel like having fun in a straight line (i.e. drag w/friends etc..) This allows the wheels to spin like crazy through 1st and some of second... if you choose, or for my sake it has helped my 1/8 and 1/4 mile time a fraction of a second. (Negotiable whether or not its the VSA contributing or just better shot off the line) either way I can notice a difference with VSA off when getting on it as opposed to it on. then again the price of rubber is expensive hence why I drive with VSA most of the time. my couple of pennies

1 - 20 of 48 Posts