8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This article goes into the basic principle of how the hardware works, turbo mechanics, Intercooler, twin charging, fluid and bearing shafts, turbine composition, etc.

good stuff.

i remember reading this about 2 years ago

·
Registered
805 Posts
Do you have a link for supercharging and the differences between Tubo and Supercharging.....

I would appreciate it, I like to do a lot of reading on things I dont know about if I ever make a comment about the subject, and I also plan when the mods come out to do one or the other to be Si..

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
turbo make more power over say something like a jrsc...which is probably the only company that may make the sc for the fg.

The turbo takes the exhaust gas coming out of the exhaust side of the engine, spins the turbo which then sucks in air and compresses it and send it through the fmic to the engine and adds boost.

The supercharger can't be cooled and basically gets it's power from the crank pully.

But turbos are a lot more maintenance.

·
Registered
668 Posts
turbo make more power over say something like a jrsc...which is probably the only company that may make the sc for the fg.

The turbo takes the exhaust gas coming out of the exhaust side of the engine, spins the turbo which then sucks in air and compresses it and send it through the fmic to the engine and adds boost.

The supercharger can't be cooled and basically gets it's power from the crank pully.

false to some degree there are aftercoolers for superchargers and also there is a rotrex supercharger that comes witha intercooler correct me if im wrong..

·
Registered
2,602 Posts

comtech also makes a sc for the Si.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts