8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought these off of ebay. they are described as DE3175 DE3022 LE23, to my understanding the dome light and the map lights in a 09 SI are DE3022 lights. So i should be able to just plug these in where the original bulbs go and it should work right? wrong. Is there anything im missing?

[/IMG]

·
Registered
800 Posts
Not sure about the 09's, but those are the exact ones that I have in my 08 and they look just like the OEM ones except for the 4 LEDs sticking off of them.

Pop the covers off and look at your bulbs and see if they look like those.

BTW - Those really aren't super bright. I'm probably going to replace mine again soon with something brighter. These are about 1/2 as bright as the stock bulbs. Also, these have a + and a -, so when you put them in if they don't light up, remove them and turn them around and they will work fine. There are no marks on the bulbs at all for the +/-.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome. I got it to work. youre right though, they arent that bright. do they at least look good at night?

·
Registered
329 Posts
It could be that you put them in backwards. There is a + and - associated with them, so flip them around if they don't work. I had the same issue.

The ones from superbrightleds.com work a little better and are a better build too. just a heads up.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked at those. Which ones would fit the 09 SI? I need a DE3022 31mm. which one of these would work for me? just the ones with 4 LEDs?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Try 3022-xHP4 from superbrightleds.com. I have 3022-CHP2 and work pretty well, but seems they are no longer selling the 2 LED version so you will have to get the 4 LED xHP4 version.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Yes, these do look good at night. Nice blue/white light. Just make sure you twist them to get the light aimed at where you want it since they have a pretty narrow output.

When it's dark outside, they work OK for what they cost!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
would the 3022x9 festoon work? (30mm (1.181 inches long)12 VDC Festoon Base Bulb with 9 LEDs)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I have the LED's from xenondepot. They came in a week after I ordered them, and the output is pretty damn good. It was a little on the expensive side but came with a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
They are not bright because of the quality of the LEDs used.

We have a Civic LED Dome light kit that will come with LED panels to upgrade your 2 map lights and centre dome light.

The other option would be to get our 3022 LED bulb which will be MUCH brighter than what you got.

Make sure to use coupon code 8thled to get a 15% discount!

Steve

Here is a pic of our 3022 LED bulb installed in an s2000:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts