8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange question I know but does your 8th seem to have a... I dont know...personality? Like your in this shite together sort of thing. That your 8th is ride or die baby!

Anyone??? Or am I way more F'ed up than I thought and should seek immediate professional help?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your feeling what a more raw car can deliver. I don't know which model you have, but my SI feels more raw and connected to me than a brand new car. The 8th SI is the last true SI. It's not as limited and computer controlled as newer cars. That's what your feeling. I had a 96 Integra RS and it felt very raw, almost like a gokart. When I turn off VSA on the 8th SI it has a similar soul... I highly doubt the new civic feels like a true honda. The 8th gen SI truly is the last Integra, it replaced the RSX essentially and I feel like both cars have the same purpose. A practical but fun car... not a powerful car, but it's a Honda. So you get a good handling car. I think people are forgetting how good of handling these cars are. My 8th SI kept up with a brand new STI in the corners... albeit I have coil overs and good tires. Of course he demolished me in the straights. It's a drivers car to sum it up, that's that "ghost."

·
Registered
98 Posts
Ya the 8th gen si is it's own breed man. I love my 06 si. It has its problems every now and again but what car doesn't. They are also very picky with parts you put on and that's been my biggest issue is finding a good mechanic to work on it because with these cars you really need to know them to work on them. They are known to be picky with clutches and spark plugs etc. But at the end of the day if you enjoy your car that's all that matters!

·
Registered
709 Posts
I bought my 08 SI brand new. That car has gotten me through a lot. From an economic downturn in 08, to 3 minor accidents (all fixed) to a cross country relocation from AZ to FL, to a blown and K24 swapped engine, and a girlfriend who hates the car, my 8th has been there for me. Unless it's stolen or wrecked, I'm not getting rid of it. And it does have a temperment. Always seems to run better when I wash it. 😁

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought my 08 SI brand new. That car has gotten me through a lot. From an economic downturn in 08, to 3 minor accidents (all fixed) to a cross country relocation from AZ to FL, to a blown and K24 swapped engine, and a girlfriend who hates the car, my 8th has been there for me. Unless it's stolen or wrecked, I'm not getting rid of it. And it does have a temperment. Always seems to run better when I wash it. 😁
Yep. Thats what im talking about. Thanks man...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I cant weigh in on how the new Hondas feel as I will not buy a vehicle with electronic "nannies". I keep my car centered in its lane not a computer. If you dont know where to look in order to keep your car centered in your lane you shouldn't have a license. When a person is driving through a turn and and repeatedly adjusting to keep the car centered in the lane, you can bet they are not looking through the turn. They are driving to the point they are fixated on, usually 50 to 70 feet ahead of the car, then they refocus again on a spot about the same distance away. So instead of a smooth arc around the turn their path resembles a trapezoid or some such geometric bullshite.

This old guy I know who used to SCCA race in the 60s and 70s told me once, "if you look for the wall you'll find it". Great advice about target fixation and the tendency to drive where you look.

I feel like I sound like am old man. Instead of "get off my grass you punks" I'm yelling "no electronic nannies you young punks".

OK, no more ravings from the mad man.

Gnite

·
Registered
12 Posts
temperamental about parts is right, you have to use oem or higher quality aftermarket parts only or it’ll just spit ‘em back out . Worth it anyways in the end Honda oem lasts longer every time
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts