8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It is the passenger side axle. So I saw this and at first it didn't seem normal, but I never really paid any attention to it anyways so I'm not sure. Car is 08 Civic Si sedan.

I saw another pic and it looked the same but I just want to be 110% sure it's normal.

-------------------------------------------------

Pictures borrowed from kseriestech

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1st pic of axle is normal. second pic is of your Rack and Pinion. but if you look behind the harness on the second pic the axle is in the same position/space as the first picture.
lol im guessing your talking about the 3rd pic no 2nd pic? the axle is in that pic too thats why i posted it. you can see how far in the axle is.

sooooo is this normal?

maybe this thread should be moved to the suspension forum...

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Take a picture of the seal on the intermediate side of the trans. Easiest way to tell. And are you leaking anything?

Edit Again: If you look in the last picture all the way to the bottom right, you can see the seal where the axle goes into the transmission. If the seal looks like that, then you are fine.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Take a picture of the seal on the intermediate side of the trans. Easiest way to tell. And are you leaking anything?

Edit Again: If you look in the last picture all the way to the bottom right, you can see the seal where the axle goes into the transmission. If the seal looks like that, then you are fine.
On the other side of the axle? Ill take look from the underside

1 - 13 of 13 Posts