8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Does the LX stereo display CD text?

4K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  imported_palindrome 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if the stereo that comes with the LX displays CD text? It can play MP3 CDs too, right?

I wasn't sure if that's just an EX feature, or if the LX does too. Thanks!

#6 ·
lol jepetto that's cool!

Ok, so I haven't played with the radio much. How'd ya ge the 8thgencivic to display? Is that just one of your mp3 folders?

#7 ·
r3dlin3 said:
lol jepetto that's cool!

Ok, so I haven't played with the radio much. How'd ya ge the 8thgencivic to display? Is that just one of your mp3 folders?
It could be one of his folder's name, but you can also customize the "Welcome" message that is displayed when you start the ignition, which I think is what he did. It's all in your Manual. ;)

Now, if someone asks me a question like "Does your car greet you?"

I can say....YES,it does!!:rolleyes:

#9 ·
dcloud said:
It could be one of his folder's name, but you can also customize the "Welcome" message that is displayed when you start the ignition, which I think is what he did. It's all in your Manual. ;)
I can't find this in my manual (EX sedan, no navi). Can you point me to a page number or list the instructions?
(Oh, also I am in U.S. - is this a feature only on Canadian models?)

#12 ·
I haven't tried it yet, but this topic made me curious, and a few google queries later I found this:
http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=451433&page_number=1#451433

mikehondasales said:
To set your customized message do the following:
1: Make sure the audio system is off.
2: Push and hold the TUNE knob,then push the power/volume knob on the audio control panel. You will see the first letter blinking.
3: Turn the TUNE knob to change a letter
4: Push the top of the SEEK button to select the next segment, then turn the TUNE knob to select a letter. Repeat this procedure to set your message.

The system will return to the audio display about 5 seconds after ou stop selecting a letter.

ENJOY!

#15 ·
is it that much more work to have the sedans have the welcome message just like the coupes?:mad:
betcha the 07 sedans will have it.

#16 ·
btw "civic" is a palindrome. i get it now.

#17 ·
This does indeed work for my LX coupe. I couldn't figure it out then I re-read the directions and the key thing I missed out was the phrase "then push."

You have to turn off the stereo.

Then you push and hold the TUNE button

Then, while holding the TUNE button, you then push the VOLUME button.

The word welcome will now show up to change. Let go of holding the TUNE button.

Use the knob on the TUNE button to move up and down for the letters and to move to the next letter you use the SKIP buttons. When done just press TUNE again then press the POWER/VOLUME button.

I hope this is an easier set of directions for those in a hurry to find out if it works.

Oh yeah, this is NOT a permanent display. Only shows up when you start up the car. Nevertheless a cool little feature.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.