8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just ordered the brembo kit, and i was wondering if it can fit stockers, if not, i guess its time for some rims. lol. anyone have any idea?
thanks

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2500 dollars. and please dont anyone start with the whole BBk is a waste of money. i read the whole bbk thread before buying it lol

·
Registered
151 Posts
2500 dollars. and please don't anyone start with the whole BBk is a waste of money. i read the whole bbk thread before buying it lol
WOW, a little pricey i'll admit, sure worth the money, but yeah i was just curious on how much you spent, i was looking at the HFP setup, but have since changed my mind, actually considering getting a Wilwood kit from FastBrake Enterprises, LLC - Intro , which painted red will still run less then $900.00 for a 4 piston caliper kit for the front, which includes SS lines also, i figured i'd get a simpler kit just cause i don't plan on moding the car to anything more then 220hp roughly, just simple performance mods, and focus a bit on suspension setup, and making the car look clean. If i had more money to spend, and was going to maybe boost the car, then i would consider the BBK kit.

·
Registered
928 Posts
2500 dollars. and please dont anyone start with the whole BBk is a waste of money. i read the whole bbk thread before buying it lol
Dude that's ballin!!
The kit will look so sick, definitely worth the cash if you have it.
If I decide to seriously mod my Si I'm gonna go Turbo first then BBK.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I think the big brake kits will fit but it'll be a tight one. I could be mistaken, but I know cars like the Lancer Evolution's and Subaru WRX STi's have 17" stock wheels and have Brembo brakes, so the stock 17" wheels should be fine.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
I think the big brake kits will fit but it'll be a tight one. I could be mistaken, but I know cars like the Lancer Evolution's and Subaru WRX STi's have 17" stock wheels and have Brembo brakes, so the stock 17" wheels should be fine.
its not the diameter that is the problem with our wheels. it is the distance from the rotor face to the rim. we need about another .75" to 1" of clearance for it to fit. i already looked into it a while back because i wanted to do something with the stock wheels and the silver brembos and i found out this crap.

·
Registered
151 Posts
its not the diameter that is the problem with our wheels. it is the distance from the rotor face to the rim. we need about another .75" to 1" of clearance for it to fit. i already looked into it a while back because i wanted to do something with the stock wheels and the silver brembos and i found out this crap.
so wheel spacer and fender flare, lol:biggrin:

·
Registered
649 Posts
so wheel spacer and fender flare, lol:biggrin:
if you do wheel spacers (especially anything thicker than .3 inches), make sure to get stronger/longer wheel studs. *ARP*

not sure if fender flaring would be all that necessary for a half inch or so...and i have no idea if you might run into fender well rubbing or not.

·
Registered
151 Posts
if you do wheel spacers (especially anything thicker than .3 inches), make sure to get stronger/longer wheel studs. *ARP*

not sure if fender flaring would be all that necessary for a half inch or so...and i have no idea if you might run into fender well rubbing or not.
i was actually joking, hence the :biggrin:, lol.

·
Registered
649 Posts
...i guess i missed it. considering the wheel spacers would be necessary, and fender flaring isn't exactly out of the question....

my bad, i guess...

·
Registered
513 Posts
Looks like they'll fit based on the curved spokes. You can't be certain unless you test fit them on with your Brembos installed. Hopefully worst case is a 5mm spacer.

Volk Racing CE28s should work with the Brembos.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
just about any volk will work with just about any bbk. when i had my volks on i had about 1 3/4 inches MORE clearance from the rotor face to the wheel.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts