8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1089 Posts

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else have female or male names for their cars? I take care of my cars like I take care of the women in my life and I like to have names for them because I feel a personal attachment and pride for the work I do with them, whether it's a mod here and there or just cleaning and detailing them. My Legend was Gloria, and if I'd gotten the Habanero Si that's available locally, I would've called her Thalia. I still might call the Fiji Thalia. Unless someone comes up with a better name. Just curious if anybody else does this.

Gloria's got a broken leg. :( And she's a little uncoordinated. Once she starts running, she has a hard-time stopping.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forget to add, my 97 Civic's name was Susan. She was a redhead and she was tons of fun. A little on the slow side, but when it was time to move, she was always ready.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I had a 91 Nissan Maxima named Maxine. I haven't thought of a name for the Civic yet. I just call her "Cutie Pie" for now...

(I gotta stop watching Boondocks)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I call my '06 civic "the new car", my '01 civic "the old civic", and the pilot "the pilot". I love and appreciate them but can't bring myself to give them names. Maybe I'm just booooorrrriinnnng :rolleyes:

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NightKidsGTR said:
I had a 91 Nissan Maxima named Maxine. I haven't thought of a name for the Civic yet. I just call her "Cutie Pie" for now...

(I gotta stop watching Boondocks)
lol...it's a good show.

·
Registered
635 Posts
2002 Protege5 - "The P fizzle" "P5"
2003 Sentra Spec V - "The Spec Vizzle"
2005 Scion Xb - "The X bizzle" "the box"
2006 Civic Si - "The S Izzle" "The Si"

I did the snoop dog thing just to irritate my wife, then the name theme stuck. It's damn funny.

·
Registered
49 Posts
New Fiji Si is "Dash" for the character from "The Incredibles" not for the interior styling.

'97 Miata was Yoshime (any Flaming Lips fans out there?)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
What have you named it?

So alot of people say when i get my car she will be my new gf..and MY GF said i shall name my Si...What would be a sweet name?

or what have you guys named your cars? :party:

·
Registered
861 Posts
8thgenuser said:
If you pick a girl's name, choose your GF's name. In fact, you should just name it after your GF. That will keep you out of trouble.
Ah yes, regarding what YOU should pick...what he said. ;)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
8thgenuser said:
If you pick a girl's name, choose your GF's name. In fact, you should just name it after your GF. That will keep you out of trouble.
Not if me and her might be breaking up..Story for another thread :popcorn:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Skyline4life said:
Not if me and her might be breaking up..Story for another thread :popcorn:
Hmm. Well, if we analogize this to a heart-tattoo on your chest...then maybe it should be "Mom?" ;)

Well, just as long as it isn't "Sy," as a family member of mine keeps suggesting...:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 1089 Posts