8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Is this true ? Thanks for the info. Would like some more info on this please. I have seen some stock painted white wheels with red lugs???
I'm on my phone because I already shut my laptop down, but I want to help you out. Long story short, the bottom of a lug nut(part that touches the wheel) has a certain shape to it. This shape fits into a shape-specific space. Most aftermarket lugs do not have the same shape as stock wheels, thus the reason why aftermarket lugs aren't safe on stock wheels. Its like putting a square peg in a round hole. Also, IIRC, there have been extreme cases in the past where people have actually had wheels fall off due to incorrect lug nuts :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm on my phone because I already shut my laptop down, but I want to help you out. Long story short, the bottom of a lug nut(part that touches the wheel) has a certain shape to it. This shape fits into a shape-specific space. Most aftermarket lugs do not have the same shape as stock wheels, thus the reason why aftermarket lugs aren't safe on stock wheels. Its like putting a square peg in a round hole. Also, IIRC, there have been extreme cases in the past where people have actually had wheels fall off due to incorrect lug nuts :thumb:
Ok thanks alot,I was just hoping that they would work. LOL THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL OF YOU HELP....

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
I was half asleep when I posted that last night :rotfl: But its all correct information.
Lug nut information
Aftermarket lugs are made for aftermarket wheels. Not only for "wheel safety", because nobody wants your rotas, but because the seating on the inside of the bolt is correct. Stock wheels have a ball seat while aftermarket wheels have a conical seat. Dont be a DUMBASS and put aftermarket lugs on your stock wheels, otherwise when you make a thread asking why your wheel fell off, I'll point at this thread and laugh.. then say sorry. If you do have a stock spare or steelie spare in your trunk but aftermarket wheels make sure that you keep stock lugs in your trunk.

Well, that's a quote from Je5hua from the ultimate wheel and tire thread. Just figured I'd give you a better example of what I was saying. We all know how sensitive he is with wheels and lugs lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.